Jim Bowen

Garrett

Reaction score
Jim Bowen comedian and presenter has died age 80 he been unwell for some time.

He was a regular on The Comedians and presented Bullseye with a lot of catchphrases:
Lets have a look at what you could have won!
Keep out of the black and in the red, nothing in this game for 2 in a bed.
You can't beat a bit of Bully.
Super Smashing!

Bullseye host Jim Bowen dies at 80

Rip Jim

Just remeber he once got sacked of a radio program for quote:
"We were talking about words you could and could not use and apparently you can't use the word 'elderly' because it is politically incorrect. I said 'What nig-nog thought of that?'
"I am 65 and in my very young days the term 'nig-nog' referred to the guy who was not the sharpest knife in the box, usually an amiable buffoon."

Being younger than him I also thought that as well.

Word do change like like gay use to mean happy but now means something else. As in the song I'll Be Seeing You.

He once read a question 'In what Texas city was JFK assassinated in Dallas.':rolleyes:

Have found memories of Bullseye. It’s not stood the test of time however when viewing reruns.
RIP.

Thought he had died a few years back for some reason.

Anyway Jim, I've had a great day time watching Bullseye over the years, but I'm going to cut and run. I bet you made more than your BFH making that show.

Its a strange one that @Thug, as I still enjoy catching the odd show, even if its more for nostalgia than anything else.

Rest In Peace.

Used to like Bullseye as a teenager, late Sunday afternoons on STV if I remember right. Still enjoy watching the reruns every so often.

RIP Jim

Liked Bullseye. Didn't the contestant from Birmingham or Leicester always win the speedboat while the one from Brighton or Plymouth got the caravan? :)

Haha you stay in the most landlocked place in Britain and you have won a speed boat

Phoenix Nights from 12 minutes in.

Phoenix Nights I still find one of the funniest comedies ever. Jim played Hoss. "Everything under one roof."

Worked with him on corporate do's a few times. Very funny and free with the drinks - if we were covering the cost Lol.

Always a gentlemen and a true professional entertainer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom