• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jet Li's Hero in HD

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
Just in case no-one else had spotted it, Channel 4 HD are showing Hero on Sunday night. Its flagged as HD but not 5.1 unfortunately.

Fantastic film and should be a treat in HD!

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. The only thing is that Im not a big fan of C4 HD.. hopefully they will do a good job :cool:

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Damn, I only watched it in SD about 7 weeks ago.

Good film, but I don't think I could watch it again just to get HD. If only I had waited a few weeks.

`BK

Established Member
First part in HD, second part switches to SD/upconverted, third and the remaining parts in HD again :rolleyes:

Looks the same as the HD DVD, i.e. super grainy and a bit crap anyway. Guess we'll never see a better version.

McFaber

Prominent Member
It looked no better than SD dvd, if anything probably worse...

Running adverts during a film really grate me.....:mad:

If it's grainy on HD-DVD, I'll not get me hopes up for the Blu-ray release...:rolleyes:

VirusKiller

Established Member
Very grainy and lots of blocking artifacts due to the low bit rate; but I thought that the resolution was still significantly better than SD.

Adverts. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom