jet lee ? jet lie more like..

the klang

Novice Member
so my mate (who is a avid student in the art of kungfu )tells me ages ago that jet lees joints in hes legs are shot and he is retiring from the movie industry because of it, and sure enough i run out and buy hero on HD and there he is telling everyone,to quote"thats it !no more movie!"......a shame i thought but fair enough.
then tonight reading empire mag in tescos there he is,big smilie face all over the page advertising the mummy 3...
i think hes a 2 faced porky telling little git !!
are hes films selling so slowly that he needs to tell porks to get them off the shelf ??

i hope hes legs fall off for being a liar...

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Its was well publicised in the movie publishing news - not sure where the rumour came from or even if Li said it - but Jet Li (not Lee):confused: , was known to be retiring from martial arts / doing stunts in movies. Im sure like all actors his body cannot take the rigious training and impact it could 15 years ago.

Thought he did go on to make the action thriller 'War' with Jason Statham.

said something to this extent;

That is a huge misinterperation of what he said, Jet Li was quote as saying he is done with "Wushu Epic" Films

Films like Hero, Fearless, House of Flying daggers etc, ones mostly done in China

“ I stepped into the martial arts movie market when I was only 16. I think I have proved my ability in this field and it won't make sense for me to continue for another five or 10 years. Huo Yuanjia (Fearless) is a conclusion to my life as a martial arts star. ”

Jet Li has stated in an interview with the Shenzhen Daily newspaper that this will be his last martial arts epic, which is also stated in the movie's television promotions. However, he plans to continue his film career in other genres. Specifically, he plans to continue acting in action and martial arts films; epic films deal more with religious and philosophical issues.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
and there's Jackie Chan still whipping out the high kicks....Li should be ashamed of himself :/

brian s

Distinguished Member
Both Li and Chan are getting on a bit for this kind of thing. They should both have retired from this type of film a while back. It always takes me some time to get into a Li film as he reminds me of a Chinese Bob Mortimer. Hard to take him seriously with that image in your head.

Cheers
Bri

breakersrevenge

Dont forget about Donnie Yen, he can still kick ass!!!!!

the klang

Novice Member
i still hope jet LIs (lee ) legs fall of anyway!!! lol..

nwgarratt

I bet Jet will still be doing some martial arts films. His film Danny the Dog/Unleashed is a good example of what he can do outside the Wushu films.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom