1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jessops returns policy

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gamescam, Jan 9, 2003.

1. gamescam

gamescam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the deal with returning stuff to Jessops? I bought a camcorder off them about a week ago and can't say I'm too impressed with it, and am looking to exchange it for something better. The thing is, I've unwrapped everything, all those plastic bags and wires and everything – is this going to go against an exchange, as shops often get funny about that sort of thing? Thanks.

2. wiz

wiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,889
    Suppose you've got to ask yourself would YOU buy it in it's present conditon packaging etc ( Be honest) for the same money you bought it? If yes take it back!

3. RockStar

RockStar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there should be no problem... they have to take it back if it's only 10 days

4. wiz

wiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,889
    Don't think they have to if theres nothing wrong with it! You have to find out wot there policy is

5. RockStar

RockStar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Canon MV5i from www.pixmania.co.uk
    when I used it I realised it was not what I wanted so I sent it back after contacting them (I had opened all the bags)
    their only issue was with software... if you open the disc packets they may have reason to not accept a return...
    other than that I see no reason why they should not.
    go to their website and look up their returns policy

6. Bluemanband

Bluemanband
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sales of Goods and Implied Services Act is what you need mate :)

If it is "Not of merchantable quality - or - not fit for the purpose for which it is intended" - and it is returned to the shop "AS NEW" then you can demand a full refund - (I think they can be reasonably lax about packaging - it is IMPOSIBLE to re-box these things exactly as they leave the factory)

As for not fit for the purpose - you could - IMHO - successfully argue this point in terms of "poorer picture auality than you expected" for example.

However if everything is OK, and you are simply "unhappy" with it for purely aesthetic reasons then they MAY give credit vouchers - or nothing at all.

Hope that helps :)