Jessops net check

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chromeman, Jun 20, 2004.

1. chromeman

chromeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I just read in the 'camera advice for novices' about the Jessops net check where if you give them the price from the web and a phone number, they check it anf give you 9 months interest free? Is this at their price, or the price from the internet? Does anyone know whether this still available?
    This seems like a very good offer!
    Thanks!

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It means they will match the internet price, but only if the internet site is in the UK. - they will not match with foreign sites. Some branches to are apparently only matching prices if the internet site is local to the store - it appears to be at the managers discretion.

3. chromeman

chromeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, thanks for the prompt reply. So you can then pay for this across 9 months interest free also??
    Seems a good deal!

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes as long as they continue to run the interest free credit promotion - again there is no guarentee that it will continue forever. (once you have signed the agreement it will not be taken away of course even if they do discontinue the scheme )

5. chromeman

chromeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou, just noticed you replied to my other post, thanks a lot! Appreciate it :thumbsup:!

6. w4yne

w4yne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :rolleyes: I think you will find that they will match UK sites and not just England :rolleyes: , we have Jessops in Wales too believe it or not.

7. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Be wary of this promise !
    I have given them a similar price for both a dv cam &digital camera from reputable dealers (P.R.C. & R.G.B. both in Ilford London) and the closest that they will match the prices are £20.00 dearer for the camera not too bad, but the dv cam is a whopping £75 dearer! so much for price match!......

8. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I went into jessops last week. never had anything printed out, had a look at the canon S1. Told them how much i saw it for online but told them i had no printout. The guy in jessops said the number and price was all they needed. Went over to the internet cafe, went on price runner got 3 prices and numbers, one turned out to be french, one sold recons (which i think was a blag myself) but the 3rd was ok and they matched it £333 (399 in their store) That was the highest of the 3 prices.. only £13 in it though so can't complain. tried to get them to throw a bag in, no go tried for a bigger card, no go. Got 50 free prints, better then nowt

So if you happen to be in town and fancy a camera but have not got a printout. Hop in to a net cafe and you're laughing

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,127
    Would now be the right time to ask for a price match on a camera they have in there books at £ 329.90 but have seen online in the UK for £237 inc p&p. As in a couple of weeks they are bringing a new catalogue out and they should have brought there prices down so price matching will not be that big of a drop.

10. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    i was looking for a CF card and on the jessops website its £89.99, no mention of website only price so i took a printout with me to Jessops in New oxford st.
    Asked for one and was told they are £99. showed the assistant the print out and he told me its internet only. when i then asked if he would price match he said no, even though its the same company.
    ill try a different assistant next time im up that way.

Dave.

11. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    policy is they will match any UK based company or website on a like for like basis (so won't apply to bundles or different brands for accessories). Interest free is 9 months for over £199. If they do a price match on a camera they will not budge on anything else, the best advice is to price match everything you intend to buy (spare batteries, branded cases, memory), bear in mind that they will also take into account any postage you would have to pay.

12. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also bear in mind that the 9 month interest free is normally for purchases over £900, the £199 9 month interest free is temporary and it will be reverting back to 3 months for that amount soon.

13. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Went down to the gallions reach (in more ways than one phwaww fancy putting a shopping centre next to a sewage re-cycling plant...) branch in east London yesterday and bought a sony p120 camera and a Panasonic GS 55 at only a few quid dearer than P.R.C. + R.G.B. and also got 6 months interest free (you must remember to pay up before interest free period ends or they will crucify financially)
    not too bad a deal and I did not have to wait in for a delivery that was kicked around the floor of a Transit van!