Jessops do Rentals

tonkie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just had an email saying that Jessops have stared to do rentals and I have looked at the prices and for a Canon 5d MK 3 its £114 a day with an 70-200 f/2.8 at £45, not sure if this is competitive.

Might come in handy to have a high street retailer (although limited) offering hire service.

To give you an idea of competitiveness, A Nikon 24-70 is £46 per day, at lensesforhire its £55 for 3 days.

Although you do get it back, lensesforhire don't charge a deposit :) I looked at the Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II this morning and for 4 or 5 days, it would be almost £800. Lensesforhire was about £90. So even without the deposit, Jessops was more expensive.

Is a deposit required?
Yes. All items with a replacement value of £500 or more will require a £500 deposit. All items valued less than £500 will require a deposit equal to the replacement value of the item. We refund the deposit as soon as all of the returned items have been returned. It may take the credit card services up to 4 working days to clear the funds back to your account.

Well, you get it back unless you damage it and I wonder what Jessop's charge to fix it!

What happens if I damage the equipment?
Please let us know immediately if any item is damaged whilst on hire. We’ll ask you to return the item to us and we’ll carry out the necessary repairs. The cost of the repairs will be deducted from your deposit prior to refunding.

Probably not so relevant but if you're going on safari to somewhere in Africa you'd be better off hiring one over there. A friend of mine went and hired a Canon 600 mm f/4 whilst in Kenya and it only cost him £45 for 2 weeks!! It would have cost him well over a grand to take it from the UK, plus all the hassle of actually getting it over there and back.

Interesting to see they have an A7s for hire although they don't seem to hire any lenses for it :(

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom