• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jessops 110% offer

barongreenback

Used this today to get a Canon 580EX flashgun for £260 (against their price of £329.99). If you didn't know already, if you can find a cheaper price on any UK website (or store) they will offer you the same price plus an additional 10% of that difference off the retail price. Was thinking today that this is better where Jessops are usually ridiculously overpriced e.g. memory cards, as the bigger the difference, the more you save. Was very easy to do and no questions asked at all.

redmax

Hello Baron

Tell me how this works then.
If I was looking for lets say a EOS 1D MK2 N.
The best online price according to camera Price Buster is at Mifsuds at £2149.00.
Jessops advertise their price on line as £2219.00 with a discount code.
Is their in store price more? I don't know.
For arguments sake lets say its the same.
A price difference of £70.00

They therefore price match the £2149.00.
Would I then expect a further £7.00 off (10% of £70)?

Sorry if it sounds dumb -I just want to get my facts right before I go in the shop.

barongreenback

Ok - let's use that as an example.

Jessops' price on the 1D Mk II N is £2,299 (based on their website - assume shop is the same).

Camera Price Buster can find one for £2,149.

Price difference is £150.

Jessops match and give you 10% of the difference off the camera so an additional £15 in this case. So you get the camera for £2,135.

Most December camera mags have details of the offer. If you're struggling I'm sure I could scan in the relevant page and email it to you.

Just to add - going in store makes more sense as the prices are higher i.e. the better the difference between Jessops and their competitor, the more you save. The store is more likely to quote the highest price so you have more to save iyswim.

Chunder

I was just the other day looking at the Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM.
Jessops price is £1700 (!!!!), whereas Cameras2u (part of the Jessops group) have it listed for £1224.

The conditions of the offer are that it must be a UK supplier, and they must have UK stock... it seems reasonable to assume that Cameras2u fulfill the criteria!

In this case, with the price match and 10% undercut, I should be able to get the lens for about £1100... a massive saving over the regular Jessops price! Best of all, though, is that Jessops are running a "pay nothing for 12 months" offer with Clydesdale Finance.

The downside? I had the lens on my Amazon wishlist - mostly as a bit of a joke, but also so it would recommend other relevant stuff... and now the wife has told me that I categorically cannot buy something off my own Christmas wishlist before Christmas! Not sure whether it means that some foolish (erm... over-generous may be a better phrase) family member has splashed out on it, or whether it's jsut the wife sticking to her principles... Hmm...

Back on subject slightly, apparently you have to specifically query/request the offer, it won't be mentioned otherwise - they'll just do the standard price match!

redmax

I

In this case, with the price match and 10% undercut, I should be able to get the lens for about £1100... a massive saving over the regular Jessops price! Best of all, though, is that Jessops are running a "pay nothing for 12 months" offer with Clydesdale Finance.

Back on subject slightly, apparently you have to specifically query/request the offer, it won't be mentioned otherwise - they'll just do the standard price match!

Are you saying therefore, that once I have successfully negotiated the best pricematch/10% deal in store. i can then get the goods at that price with the 12 mths 0% deal.

I thought most stores gave the pay nothing deal on the basisi that you paid full RRP.
I would seriously consider upgrading if I could get the 12 mth pay nothing deal and the pricematch/10% offer combined.

Let me know cos I wanna put my coat on and get down to Lakeside..............now! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

redmax

Most December camera mags have details of the offer. If you're struggling I'm sure I could scan in the relevant page and email it to you.

Thanks for the offer.
I have a Nov issue of Digital Camera and have just seen the ad after looking for it.

Pebble

Just to add - going in store makes more sense as the prices are higher i.e. the better the difference between Jessops and their competitor, the more you save. The store is more likely to quote the highest price so you have more to save iyswim.

Great - Sandisk 1GB Ultra II SD Card in jessops - £55
- Sandisk 1GB Ultra II SD Card in XL shop - £17

If thats right, with the 110% deal, Jessops will sell it to me for £13.20 :eek:

I'm getting one tomorrow

Chunder

Are you saying therefore, that once I have successfully negotiated the best pricematch/10% deal in store. i can then get the goods at that price with the 12 mths 0% deal.

I thought most stores gave the pay nothing deal on the basisi that you paid full RRP.
I would seriously consider upgrading if I could get the 12 mth pay nothing deal and the pricematch/10% offer combined.

That's what the sales rep told me when I popped in yesterday, anyway - and I asked that question specifically (although I didn't know about the 10% reduction at the time). It's probably a different message at each store :)

redmax

That's what the sales rep told me when I popped in yesterday, anyway - and I asked that question specifically (although I didn't know about the 10% reduction at the time). It's probably a different message at each store :)

May I ask which branch that was?

redmax

Douglas, Isle of Man... why, have I just got someone in trouble? :)

Yes I am the NW regional sales director and the branch manager is in BIG trouble :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

No but seriously...................if you read the other threads on this Jessops deal thingy.....there seems to be a big discrepancy between branches.

I was kinda hoping you were near me so I could exploit your research.

Aint it all tax free on the Isle of Man anyway?

I may try my local branch in the next couple of days and see what i can come up with. :smashin:

lmaolmao

currently im disgusted with jessops and their "price matching", using a 10% off code, the d80 + 18-135 kit was £665 on currys online (vesus their 770 or whatever it is).

went into local jessops, asked the manager to price match (which, on tuesday said they price match online sites), and was told he wouldnt price match the code.

came home, ordered online. i guess its jessops loss, and well, i didnt get one today, so a bit of a loss on my part. but seriously disgusted by the complete denial to even come anywhere near the currys price.

barongreenback

currently im disgusted with jessops and their "price matching", using a 10% off code, the d80 + 18-135 kit was £665 on currys online (vesus their 770 or whatever it is).

went into local jessops, asked the manager to price match (which, on tuesday said they price match online sites), and was told he wouldnt price match the code.

came home, ordered online. i guess its jessops loss, and well, i didnt get one today, so a bit of a loss on my part. but seriously disgusted by the complete denial to even come anywhere near the currys price.

No offence but seriously, this is a prominent ad in all the camera publications for the last two months. Didn't you get the manager to call head office?

lmaolmao

no offense taken. to be honest, i wasn't aware of the ads. and being completely inept at any kind of "deal", or persuasive reasoning doesn't help either.

barongreenback

no offense taken. to be honest, i wasn't aware of the ads. and being completely inept at any kind of "deal", or persuasive reasoning doesn't help either.

The staff are (in the main) more inept though so don't feel bad about it :)

I'll see if I can scan one of their adverts and link to it here later so that everyone can print it out and get a good deal.

Batch

The staff are (in the main) more inept though so don't feel bad about it :)

I'll see if I can scan one of their adverts and link to it here later so that everyone can print it out and get a good deal.

managed this yet?

redmax

...........so I went into Jessops today and the manager was very helpful.

He agreed without hesitation to supply a 1D MK2N at £2134.00 ( store price of £2299 versus Mifsuds price of £2149) but would not do that on their 12 mths 0% deal.

He checked stock and then it got interesting............... after loads of calls to other branches and head office it would appear that Jessops are not supplying any 1D MK2 N bodies on their own.
They are bundling the body with a Speedlite 580ex...........for.............. wait for it.............the same price of £2299 :eek:
.......but because it was a bundle he couldn't pricematch
He then said that he could make that £2250 so for £116.00 I could get a 580ex.
I think I could sell my 430ex for more than £116 so that makes it a good deal.

He then said he would be able to give me the 0% deal on the £2250 which gives me the chance to sell my 350D, my 30D and grip, 430ex and lenses etc and pay it all off.

Anyone got any comments on the above deal?
Am I missing something?

Chunder

Like I said, it seems to be a totally different story at every store :)

Looks like a good deal, though - I'd say go for it (providing you really want/need it, and can afford it, natch!)
The one thing I was warned was that the finance agreement is that you're clocked at something like 35% apr of the original finance agreement if you don't repay the whole lot within 12 months... so even if you have a penny outstanding, you'd be charged interest on the original £2k :eek:

redmax

Like I said, it seems to be a totally different story at every store :)

Looks like a good deal, though - I'd say go for it (providing you really want/need it, and can afford it, natch!)
The one thing I was warned was that the finance agreement is that you're clocked at something like 35% apr of the original finance agreement if you don't repay the whole lot within 12 months... so even if you have a penny outstanding, you'd be charged interest on the original £2k :eek:

Thanks for the advice but I use the same finance co for the purchase of my season ticket. You must pay it off before the due date or, as you say, you will pay big time.
They do send a statement every month and it clearly shows when you have to complete your payments so its not designed to catch you out.

Jessops don't have stock but are expecting them in straight after xmas which suits me anyway.

Pebble

Great - Sandisk 1GB Ultra II SD Card in jessops - £55
- Sandisk 1GB Ultra II SD Card in XL shop - £17

If thats right, with the 110% deal, Jessops will sell it to me for £13.20 :eek:

I'm getting one tomorrow

Got the above card today for £13.20:smashin:
Also bought a Casio s600 for the wife's Xmas - £140 -which was originally £190 in the shop:smashin:

felt obliged to buy a case for £13:blush:

redmax

Got the above card today for £13.20:smashin:
Also bought a Casio s600 for the wife's Xmas - £140 -which was originally £190 in the shop:smashin:

felt obliged to buy a case for £13:blush:

I think you have done well there.
The 110% deal is on hardware only like camera bodiesetc.
I just tried to get a SD card and the manager wouldn't do it.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom