Jersey, Channel Islands

brad123

Just back from 4 days there, usually visit twice a year as it's cheap flights and the Premier Inn is new and very nice as well as being decent rates too. Just wondered if anyone else visits there. Actually got married there last year. Been going for 10 years now as used to live there when younger doing the usual tourism jobs for 3 years.

If anyones thinking of going I can gladly help with recommendations and maybe some advice.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Been there couple of times. Ready for another visit i think. Went to Guernsey too but we preferred Jersey.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
I took my Wife to Jersey in 2014, specifically to visit the Fremont Point Transmitting Station.

Was planning to go to Shetland to visit Bressay this year, but Covid has scuppered that idea.

(Good job Mrs TG doesn't see this Forum! ;) )

Graham27

I went there on holiday with my folks when I was a kid and I loved it. I always wanted to go back, so I took my girlfriend on holiday there in 2006. We went back a few times as we loved it. Now we’re resident here and just about to get our 10-year ‘qualifications’.

The tourist board have had some interesting campaigns lately, but most people I know have no idea what it’s like here. When they come over they’re somewhat surprised.

There’s a few AVF members here, and some of the pics the local AV installers put up on social media are gobsmacking.

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
I went to Jersey last year for a three day break. The weather forecast wasn’t fantastic, overcast, a bit drizzly, and scattered showers which didn’t set me up with much enthusiasm. I also thought we would struggle to find enough to do in four days.

How wrong I was, the place is fantastic, loads to see and do. We didn’t manage everything so we definitely plan to go back.

Cheers,

Nigel

silvercue

Distinguished Member
I am very keen to visit. I am a big fan of Cornwall and go there a lot (off again soon) but this place has gained my interest. I watched James Martin's Islands to Highlands there and thought it looked perfect for what I like.

Graham27

Yeah, it’s funny, you often see people saying they did everything in a weekend and they only used the bus, but that wasn’t my experience as a tourist. We used to come for a week and do 300 miles in a hire car and still have things we felt we’d missed out on. Thing is, it’s 45 square miles, and I didn’t often travel outwith that sort of area when I lived in the UK.

I used to think it’d be like the south coast of England, but it’s a bit different, in a good way. I’ve always felt it’s like some of the best bits of Britain mixed with a little bit of France.

brad123

El Tico restaurant on west Coast is amazing. Great breakfast location, we always do that. Our new fave restaurant is Mark Jordon at the Beach, amazing food and not that expensive. Shout out to Sids place for cheap takeaway eats, been going there 25 years, same place, same staff, still open.

sandra141

Banned
Jersey is a beautiful city. I have been two times. and I enjoyed it a lot. The weather is very clear there.

brad123

Got £500 Royal Yacht vouchers if anyone wants to buy them lol. Our region in UK won't get out amber I reckon which means 5 days quarantine if we travel to Jersey.

Graham27

Do you still have that Bergerac guy?
There‘s talks about a new one. Won’t be the same though. The old one had a magical ability to drive into a tunnel in town and come out on the coast.
Got £500 Royal Yacht vouchers if anyone wants to buy them lol. Our region in UK won't get out amber I reckon which means 5 days quarantine if we travel to Jersey.
Maybe try one of the Jersey buy and sell groups on Facebook? Lots of staycation action at the mo!

Graham27

I don’t really know, sorry. I just know a few workmates used to refer to ‘Jersey buy and sell’ so maybe have a search for that. I had a quick look myself but I wouldn’t know a good page from a bad one.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom