pRot3us

Distinguished Member
He was central to one of my favourite episodes of Seinfeld :

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I made a tribute video today. Any thoughts and feedback are appreciated

krish

Distinguished Member
Nice, liked, subscribed. Made me think, like you, perhaps I should watch KoQ, was never really on my radar. Have read that in some ways, it's a less psycho Frank Costanza, but we could probably say something similar with many other great comedy actors.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Thanks. I dunno if I could have seen anything over than frank in other roles. Besides king of queens had passed me by. For him to more than hold his own in Seinfeld tells you everything I think. It was a one in a million show And cast.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I dunno if I could have seen anything over than frank in other roles. Besides king of queens had passed me by. For him to more than hold his own in Seinfeld tells you everything I think. It was a one in a million show And cast.
When I say Seinfeld and other people say Friends, I just lose the plot :laugh: Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence (as I have just done!)

Jerry Stiller stole every episode of Seinfeld he was in though. I think I'll watch the 'Festivus' episode again this weekend.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
When I say Seinfeld and other people say Friends, I just lose the plot :laugh: Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence (as I have just done!)
They are such different things. Seinfeld isn't really a sitcom in the same vein that Friends is. Friends is a template that ended up being cloned by How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory. all great in their own way but Seinfeld was a level above in its writing. It was adult but didn't rely on smut or profanity. Intelligent but silly. Oooof! Maybe I should make a video on sitcoms!

richp007

Distinguished Member
They are such different things. Seinfeld isn't really a sitcom in the same vein that Friends is. Friends is a template that ended up being cloned by How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory. all great in their own way but Seinfeld was a level above in its writing. It was adult but didn't rely on smut or profanity. Intelligent but silly. Oooof! Maybe I should make a video on sitcoms!
Yeah Friends became so repetitive it was dire. Absolutely dire. Anyone could have written the script for an episode of Friends.

Seinfeld
was just pure class. Another reason why I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David is on another level with his observations of life. And has successfully turned them into 2 amazing shows.

Anyway, shan't detract from this obituary thread anymore on that. Will just say once again what a legend Jerry Stiller was!

rousetafarian

Nice, liked, subscribed. Made me think, like you, perhaps I should watch KoQ, was never really on my radar. Have read that in some ways, it's a less psycho Frank Costanza, but we could probably say something similar with many other great comedy actors.
He was just adorable in KoQ

rousetafarian

Search for the scene when he tells Doug to order pizza on the phone from a little local joint...