1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky Picture with Nebula DigiTv

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by markv, Oct 21, 2003.

1. markv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Can anyone help?

I am getting a jerky picture with Nebula DigiTV. I know a few people have had this problem already and I have read their solutions. I have also contacted Andrew at Nebula support who was extremely helpful (as always).

I was using earlier software versions and managed to fix the jerky picture by changing the ACPI driver as suggested. This gave me a completely smooth picture (even on detailed panning shots) but now seems to be giving me glichy playback on Power DVD 4.

Has anyone else had this problem when using Power DVD?

I have now upgraded to 3.03 version software which states that the ACPI drivers do not need to be changed to get smooth live playback but am getting the jerks again. The odd thing is when i record a prog to the HD and playback using Nebula's software the picture is smooth. This leads me to think it is a problem with the card/drivers. I think it also rules out refresh rate/sync issues.

Have tried various options within advanced settings but nothing has changed.

My system is a P4 2.4GHz on a Gigabyte 8KNXP with 1024mb RAM, a Radeon 9800 128mb and Windows XP home.

I think the Nebula system is the best on the market so i don't want to change to another card. I also don't want to change Power DVD.

Any suggestions?
  2. BBD

Mar 13, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Sorry I haven't got an answer for this but I do sympathise. I also had problems with 'Jerks' the upgrade to 3.03 has all but fixed this certainly not an issue for me anymore. My current problem is I can't resume from pause when watching BBC1 the rest of the channels are okay!! Nebula appear to have given up on trying to solve it. I think that they still have some compatibilty issuses with their drivers causing various odd ball problems. I've given up trying to fix the problem and I'm now just hoping the next software release will sort it out.