1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky picture playing DVD's....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Uzey, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    I have a Thomson 32WB643S TV coupled progressively with a multiregion JVC XV-NA77SL DVD player. Whilst watching my region 1 copy of 'The Matrix' the other day, I noticed that firstly, progressive scan produced a slightly blockier picture than interlaced. Secondly, when the camera scans left to right (or vice versa) it wasn't very smooth. It looked like it kept having to 'catch up' with itself (jerking about once every second). This was happening all the time but was only very noticable whils the camera was panning.
    Lastly, I could only get a true widescreen picture if I told the DVD player that it was connected to a 4:3 television whereas mine is a bloody widescreen.
    Can anyone shine any light on these problems/annoyances?
    Is this anything to do with the NTSC signal or region 1 discs?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump!
    Sorry! This thread took me ages to write and I don't want it to go to waste!

3. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    well, yes it is to do with NTSC films, being slightly jerky when panning. i'm not sure why, though. different frame rates, etc.