Jerky pans

philipb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I output Sky+ via RGB/component converter into a H3DII card then to vga input on a Pio 433MXE plasma. The H3DII uses ffdshow for image processing. I'm currently using 3 of the ffdshow filters for de-noise, sharpening, resizing. CPU usage according to ffdshow is at about 50%.

PQ is very good, but horizontal pans are jerky, fast ones very jerky and show tearing.

Graphics card is a 9600 Pro, and CPU is a P4 2.4G.

Any ideas on how to smooth things out?

Is it jerky without ffdshow?

Tearing sounds like a VMR7/VMR9 display mode issue.

Also what refresh rate are you running? Do you run one for both NTSC and PAL material?

regards,
Rob.

Jeff - yes but gets worse the more filters I turn on.

Rob - I use overlay and run at 60Hz, all PAL I have tried different resolutions and refresh rates - little difference.

Hi philibp,
Can you try 75Hz, assuming you have PowerStrip installed.
"C:\Program Files\PowerStrip\PStrip.exe" /t:1024,112,80,88,768,1,3,29,78750,2326

The 433MXE works beautifully for 75 and 71.928Hz, the best I've seen film pans on any digital display so I'm sure this can be sorted.

Also, it might be worth re-reading the previous holo3d/433MXE discussion thread: http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?...ms/showthread.php?s=&postid=961753#post961753

regards,
rob.

Oh, I think ffdshow needs to know PAL/NTS but I'm not sure how.

Can you try with ffdshow post-provessing off for now.

cheers,
Rob.

Rob

With ffdshow off there's still a problem, although much less.

Rob

Done a fair bit of testing now. 75Hz improves things a lot, but still not totally smooth. Switching off ffdshow doesn't help. I can live with it.

Hi Philipb,
There are a number of services you'll find running under windows XP that can be stopped and disabled or set to manual start.

You might find that helps.

For an analog PAL input, the HOLO3D's will run at 50fps output internally. You might like to try a refresh rate of 50Hz or 100Hz to the 433MXE, we didn't test that one as we were using a software DVD player source, but it's definitely worth a try.

regards,
Rob.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom