1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky Menus /Region Killer

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarkHudds, Aug 7, 2003.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Got a strange (and rather annoying problem) with DVD playback on my HCPC... playback of both NTSC and PAL films works fine, however I seem to get frame drops when playing menus and any bonus material - shows as a slight 'jerk' every second.

I've never seen this on previous installs so I'm a bit at a loss where to start. It would be worse if the main film suffered in the same way, so I suppose it could be worse!

Any ideas?

(Running PowerDVD XP4 on an ATHLON1600, ATI 8500DV and latest catalyst drivers/powerstrip feeding a Sony 12HT 1366x768@56)

Also, do you guys that run DVD Region Killer ever get the occasional standard windows dialogue to select region? Seems to me DVD Region Killer is not 100% proof on automatic mode?

Thanks

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mark,

Can't comment on the stutter issue, but I've been running regionkiller for months now, never a popup, plays everything I've thrown at it - Ri,2,3,4 with no problems. (Dvd drive flashed region free thanks to stuff and guidance from Kramer quite some time ago !).

All the best,

Sean G.