• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

'Jelly Belly' Jelly Beans....get some in your life

rousetafarian

I've just opened a pack of these amazing sweets as they were sent over from the US by my in-laws.

Seriously if you have never tried them or even heard of them, buy some! I guess they are available over here

(Perfect for nomming in in front of the footy) :smashin:

nheather

Distinguished Member
I always treat the kids to one of the 'spaghetti jar' 1.5kg packs as Christmas presents.

There is a chain of shops (can't recall the name) that sells health food and some luxary sweets and they always have good deals on around celebration holiday times - I usually pay £15 for the 1.5kg jar.

Cheers,

Nigel

Shop chain is called - Julian Graves

http://www.juliangraves.com/branchfinder

This is a reasonable deal they have at the moment

http://www.juliangraves.com/gourmet-jelly-bean-can.html

Last edited:

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Yes, but I didnt realise that 'gourmet jelly beans' either A) actually existed or B) were that expensive.

A quick search showed that the mis-shaped ones off the production line are called 'belly flops' which I like...

If you look at the bargain basement section of the site they are selling 1KG of the Flops for £10.

shodan

Distinguished Member
After seeing the trailer for the new film Hop I'm kinda off jelly beans...

fizl

Prominent Member
The cinnamon ones are fab. I avoid the peanut butter and the pear ones like the plague though.

kav

Distinguished Member
I do like these, but some of the flavours are just wrong. Trying them reminds me of the old Revels Russian Roulette ads.

rousetafarian

I always treat the kids to one of the 'spaghetti jar' 1.5kg packs as Christmas presents.

There is a chain of shops (can't recall the name) that sells health food and some luxary sweets and they always have good deals on around celebration holiday times - I usually pay £15 for the 1.5kg jar.

Cheers,

Nigel

Shop chain is called - Julian Graves

Julian Graves Ltd

Hi Nigel,

The Jelly Bellys are a different brand from the one shown on Julian Graves site.

Shop - Jelly Belly® UK.

I'm sure that they are still tasty though :thumbsup:

Marc

Distinguished Member
Asda do their own brand ones which aren't bad, £1 for 190g, though i can't really tell what any of them are meant to be, and they also do a couple of packs by The Jelly Bean Company which are pretty similar to Jelly Belly in quality.

When i was over in Florida, in Universal Studios park, they had a sweet shop with pick 'n' mix Jelly Belly, so i got a huge bag of just Aniseed/Cinammon and Liquorice ones, mmmmmm

nheather

Distinguished Member
The Jelly Bellys are a different brand from the one shown on Julian Graves site.

So they are - I always thought they were Jelly Belly but just looked closer and they aren't - they are Jelly Bean.

They are still very good though and given I have had Jelly Belly before they must be very similar to my taste.

Cheers,

Nigel

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
We always used to have fun combining 2 or 3 different flavoured beans to see what they were like. Peanut butter and banana were always good :smashin:

SixNineFourSixSeven

Prominent Member
Tescos sell small packs of em' for around £1.60.
I used to go Selfridges in Manchester and get around £6 worth from their massive assortment. Used to throw a few baked beans one in for the girlfriend who used too try and sneak some when watching a film at the cinema.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom