Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
DBzmPipXoAA-eX4.jpg

The Skeptical Sargent tubbs assembles a task force hellbent on destroying the creeper.

14yrs after Victor Salva's Jeepers Creepers 2, the third entry finally started filming late February 2017, and will be set after the events of the first film, and may set up a 4th film.

Character Trish Jenner - played by Gina Phillips - is reprising her role in the movie. The story will center around her.

Trish Jenner is now a mother of a teenage son named Darry, named after the brother she lost 23 years ago. Trish has a recurring nightmare where her son suffers the same fate as her brother did, killed by the Creeper. Determined to prevent this from happening, Trish, who is now a rich and powerful woman, sets out on a final quest with Jack Taggart Sr. and Jr. to end the Creeper’s reign of terror once and for all. The Creeper fights back in gory glory as its enemies grow closer than ever before to learning the secret of its dark origins.

jeepers-creepers-3-poster.jpg

I thought both films were very effective horror films. The first had a fantastic first half, full of atmosphere and sense of foreboding. Slightly spoiled by the relevation of the Creeper, but still very good with a downbeat ending. The second is also very enjoyable, but is more of an outright creature feature.

I thought the first was fantastic until the unveiling. Very creepy, however the sequel was pretty poor. It's always hard for supernatural horrors to flesh out the monster mythos later on. Sometimes the mystery is more scary, especially when theres no rhyme or reason for the killing.

I thought the first was fantastic until the unveiling. Very creepy, however the sequel was pretty poor. It's always hard for supernatural horrors to flesh out the monster mythos later on. Sometimes the mystery is more scary, especially when theres no rhyme or reason for the killing.

There's still some good scenes in JP 2, such as the Creeper picking people off in the school bus. The 3rd act where Ray Wise takes on the Creeper is quite tense too. I like how he's not CGI too. :D

i rewatched the first one last night, started off really great, like you say but then dwindled off, i fell asleep so need to finish off later to judge fully.

I agree the first half is better than the second half, first time I saw it I found a lot of it to be really creepy... then it goes a bit
Aliens meets Terminator
. Once they do the full reveal of the Creeper they don't really leave themselves too many places to go, though, so I guess they opted to turn everything up to overdrive and go all out on the action instead. The creepiness and tension of the first half works better for me.
Once the cat's out the bag you can't really put it back in which knocked on into the second film, which has a lot more traditional B movie horror flick running and screaming and upping the body count, but I think it's still a decent enough sequel. At least it wasn't a carbon copy of the first film and, like bruce-leroy said, there's good stuff in there that makes it more than just a watchable sequel for me. The first trumps it though, quite easily

Enjoyed both films, though it did drag a little on the bus in second.

The effects still stand up very well, the low swoop flying was done well, assuming they were all practical?

the first film ended so abruptly

Why did no one ever try to burn the bat from hell?. Is he, the creeper supernatural?, so will always come back, the likes of Myers & Vorhees are always returning. What was the gramophone, jeepers creepers song connection, who was playing it?, the Psychic woman?

I thought both films were very effective horror films. The first had a fantastic first half, full of atmosphere and sense of foreboding. Slightly spoiled by the relevation of the Creeper, but still very good with a downbeat ending. The second is also very enjoyable, but is more of an outright creature feature.

Completely agree. The first act in the original is some of the tensest, most chilling build up I've seen at the cinema. The direction was great and the cinematography pretty good. The reveal ruined it for me. Would have been much scarier if it was just some crazy and deranged redneck... I mean hillbilly (sorry Mrs Snell!).

The sequel is fun in a camp and daft kind of way.

Can't wait defo pre order for me on this .

looks alright to me. At best I'd expect it to have a slight twist on more of the same, amybe expeand the mythos a bit, it's the 2nd sequel to a horror flick after all. Horror franchises don't often take a detour from the comfortable slippers approach to film making, especially when you reach the third film, they generally just add some variety to how people die. You can hope for more than that, but I wouldn't ever expect it

I saw it friday and, to be honest, I dunno. I liked a lot of it but was really confused through most of the film as to where exactly it fits in the timeline, It seems to jump around a lot with flashbacks and flashforwards things mixed with present day, references to the first film, bits that seemed to follow on from the second film... and my brain got a bit scrambled. And then
they make it obvious it slots between the previous two films right at the end, and I'm tagging it because I really don't know if confusing me was intentional
and then they jump forwards 23 years to set up a fourth film.

two pretty big negatives against it are that the creeper really does look like a dude in a plastic mask this time round. The prosthetics before were at least passable, if not decent. The other being the creeper's truck, although the same model as before, it's had an appalling paint job that just doesn't fit with the timeline. At least, it's not the same as the first film, come to think of it I don't actually remember if we see it in the second film, but it certainly doesn't match the first.

I'd actually like to see a fourth film, but with the sexual harassment turmoil going on in hollywood right now, and Victor Salva, writer/director of all 3 films, being a convicted pedophile, I just think this series is more likely going to grind to a halt with this film. Salva's always had protests when his films are in the cinema in the US, but this stuff's got so high profile now it's not the kind of publicity that comes under the any publicity is good publicity banner. I'm not sure the climate will ever be right for this franchise to continue with Salva's involvement

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom