Jean Michel Jarre remastered?

SOUNDSTYLE

Apart from Oxygene have any of the other early titles been remastered?

Thanks

bowenjones

I don't think they have. Aero is as close as you'll get to hearing remasters (well, new recordings really) of some of his other work and is well worth picking up if you haven't already done so as the sound quality on both the cd and dvd is remarkably good imo.

Glenn

Standard Member
Yes, all his albums have been remastered, a couple of times at least. Depends on what you're looking for. Oxygene was released in 2007 as a re-recording, but with the original instruments and it sounds practically identical to the 1976 release, but with awesome sound. You may want to get that one, with the 3D DVD.

Both Oxygene and Equinoxe got the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab treatment in the 90s, on both vinyl and CD, and they sound truly excellent, with equally great packaging.

In France in the 90s, a series of remasters were released, identifiable by their golden border around the front artwork.

However, the remasters you are most likely to get your hands on is the Sony batch from 1997. Sony acquired the rights to all his back catalogue and remastered them all, from Oxygene through to Hong Kong (1994). These are also easily spotted if you see any Sony or Epic logos on them. However, since Jarre is not with Sony anymore, I doubt they do much in terms of making those CDs available, and many regular shops do not have them, so you're more likely to get them online.

Glenn

Standard Member
Not me, and I am thankful I didnt go there, as it could not be one of the better gigs of the tour. Overall, there were better versions of this concert, and for a full report you're welcome to read this review:

Jean Michel Jarre: In-Doors 2009 - 2010 - planetorigo.com

The thing about Wembley and other UK arenas is that they have strict laser rules and Jarre wasn't allowed to create his show as he wanted. Other European cities are not as strict, and the above report is from one of the "full immersion" concerts Jarre was very pleased with himself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom