1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JCV DR-M1 Finalisation of Disks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Skid Solo, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just been informed that to use a recorded disk from this unit in another unit that the disk has to be finalised, and that this is the case for both -R and -RW, fair enough.

But what did concern me was that it was alos stated that once a -RW had been finalised that it could not be re-used as a -RW disk.

Can anybody confirm this ?

2. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    With the Toshiba DR1 you just select to unfinalise the disc to re-use.

HTH

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my Sony GX3 the disc has to be finalised to be read by any other machine as well.
    If you are using -RW's though you can just re-format the disc and use it again,the disc isnt finalised for good.

4. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The next item on the menu is Cancel Disc Finalisation

RTFM!

The finalisation process on -RW put the info on the disc so that a ROM/Player can read it. Like CD in a player the disc is made read-only.

You can then re-format the disc to use again or unfinalise and add more if it is not full.

ONLY video mode -RW that of been finalised *may* work in other machines. -RW in VR mode are unlikely unless you have a Panasonic player or a Multiread type that will take RAM etc...