JCV DR-M1 Finalisation of Disks

Skid Solo

Standard Member
I have just been informed that to use a recorded disk from this unit in another unit that the disk has to be finalised, and that this is the case for both -R and -RW, fair enough.

But what did concern me was that it was alos stated that once a -RW had been finalised that it could not be re-used as a -RW disk.

Can anybody confirm this ?

BigRD

Novice Member
With the Toshiba DR1 you just select to unfinalise the disc to re-use.

HTH

S

smallman28

On my Sony GX3 the disc has to be finalised to be read by any other machine as well.
If you are using -RW's though you can just re-format the disc and use it again,the disc isnt finalised for good.

J

jda

Originally posted by Skid Solo
I have just been informed that to use a recorded disk from this unit in another unit that the disk has to be finalised, and that this is the case for both -R and -RW, fair enough.

But what did concern me was that it was alos stated that once a -RW had been finalised that it could not be re-used as a -RW disk.

Can anybody confirm this ?
The next item on the menu is Cancel Disc Finalisation

RTFM!

The finalisation process on -RW put the info on the disc so that a ROM/Player can read it. Like CD in a player the disc is made read-only.

You can then re-format the disc to use again or unfinalise and add more if it is not full.

ONLY video mode -RW that of been finalised *may* work in other machines. -RW in VR mode are unlikely unless you have a Panasonic player or a Multiread type that will take RAM etc...

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Netflix Movies and TV Shows Coming in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom