1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jbl vs... jbl ;)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chooob, Dec 21, 2004.

1. chooob

chooob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all i was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me out..
    im about to get new front speakers and i narrowed it down to these two models jbl xti 100 here is its specs http://international.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=XTI100/230& SerId=XTI&language=ENGLISH
    and jbl e90
    http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=E90CH&SerId=NRE&sCatI d=
    im a real newbie in the hi fi world so i cant really tell the difference (all i can say they both sound good). so if anyone can help me out abit that would be great (either had experience with one of the models or just looked at the specs and sees something interesting)
    thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In the early to mid nineties JBL used to be in the forefront of home cinema speakers in the UK but they don't seem anywhere near as well known now as they were then and you may have difficulty finding anyone here who has heard them.

I certainly haven't seen or heard any JBL speakers for many years.

3. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I used to be a massive JBL fan in the late 80's/90's but as posted, they seem to have retreated back to the US (along with their PA/Monitor market).

They also have quite a big presence in Germany.

Would suggest you find an American forum for the latest advice.