JBL Synthesis Power Amps

Hello, my sda 7200 stay in standby mode what ever the switch position and trigger câble or not. By the past, it was working.
i fear the switch has been manipulate with the amps on.
How to get it back work?
thank you

It would need to be repaired to fix that. Can you send it back to where you bought it?

Looks like AV Online is an authorised dealer so we get 5 year warranties. Many of us bought from there.

Touch wood I have not had a single issue yet and couldn’t be more delighted. But always worrying to hear these stories about faults.

Not had any problems either. Very happy with it.

Hello, My resseller ask JBL about this trouble, waiting for their answer....
By the time being, I can not use my amps... it is frustating.

I feel for you as I was in the same position, it took nearly 4 weeks to resolve if I remember correctly. I ended up rewiring everything back through my AVR - not as good, but at least I could watch a film or two. Have you got a processor or an AVR?

I feel for you as I was in the same position, it took nearly 4 weeks to resolve if I remember correctly. I ended up rewiring everything back through my AVR - not as good, but at least I could watch a film or two. Have you got a processor or an AVR?
I have an AVR 3600H, so I rewiring everything to it as you, but still frustating because all calibration, tuning made by audyssey app and REW software has been made with the SDA7200, it took me long time to acheive good performance.
How you feel the switch between the SDA 7200 and XPA in term of sound/ dynamic?

My unit has started making audible mechanical clicking sounds. Amp sections seem fine. Any idea as to what that might be?

My unit has started making audible mechanical clicking sounds. Amp sections seem fine. Any idea as to what that might be?
Turns out it was only the power lead doing something naughty to the amp. Thank my lucky stars just a five pound easy fix.

Turns out it was only the power lead doing something naughty to the amp. Thank my lucky stars just a five pound easy fix.
That's good everything working fine again.

That's good everything working fine again.
Yes it’s good. This amp has not given me any issue in the 18 months I’ve owned it which is why I was disappointed to think there was something wrong. But it was the kettle lead I got off Amazon and I’ve just ordered another. Some owners will remember these never came with a lead.

Glad to hear it wasn't a massive expensive ordeal for you @mtenga

Long shot, but if any of you lovely owners decide to upgrade, please let me know! I'm going through a phase of trying several power amps to find what I want and I always remember this unit impressing me, but unfortunately the ones I tried had faulty 12v triggers!!

Yes it’s good. This amp has not given me any issue in the 18 months I’ve owned it which is why I was disappointed to think there was something wrong. But it was the kettle lead I got off Amazon and I’ve just ordered another. Some owners will remember these never came with a lead.
I use an isotek lead on mine.

£100 for a power cable. What's the advantages?
The perennial AV question :D

In fairness the fiver cable I had broke within 18 months and thankfully my equipment was not damaged. Something more upmarket might, or might not, be more robust but I’ve gone the fiver route again.

For sure if anyone says a hundred quid power lead opens up the sound or increases the bass I’d personally say hogwash based on previous experience and general opinions elsewhere. But should improve reliability at least?

£100 for a power cable. What's the advantages?
£100 for power cable is cheap

£100 for power cable is cheap

Del Boy could have become a millionaire much quicker had he been involved in the AV business 🤣

Just to let you know that I've got a wanted ad up, just in case anyone fancies upgrading/downsizing etc!

Turns out changing the power lead was only a temporary fix for me. The amp started clicking again. So AVO arranged for the distributor, Karma AV, to take it back for repair. It’s a shame really because this has been a value champion and easy to love device until now. But reading this thread it has not been trouble free for quite a significant number of us.

Turns out changing the power lead was only a temporary fix for me. The amp started clicking again. So AVO arranged for the distributor, Karma AV, to take it back for repair. It’s a shame really because this has been a value champion and easy to love device until now. But reading this thread it has not been trouble free for quite a significant number of us.
Hopefully it'll come back all good! 🙂

Mine is been working perfect and love the sound from it.

Mine is been working perfect and love the sound from it.
Yes mine was too up until a couple of months ago. But if you read back from around page 3 you’ll see of those who actually own this amp more seem have reported problems than not. No way of knowing if that plays out the in the same way with non-contributors.

Yes mine was too up until a couple of months ago. But if you read back from around page 3 you’ll see of those who actually own this amp more seem have reported problems than not. No way of knowing if that plays out the in the same way with non-contributors.
Hopefully it will be fine when you get it back.

Hopefully it will be fine when you get it back.
Came back today and all good. There was a screw loose and some noise on a module which they changed. I was very happy with the service from Karma as opposed to some outfits I’ve had dealings with on amps recently.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom