JBL Synthesis Power Amps

Thanks for this. I'm truly a little stuck on whether the AVR route is the best or the Pre/Pro and Amp combo. Well I know which it is. Ones just shy of over 2k difference 🤣

I have 7channel ATI 200wx7 however with cost and tbh performance of av pres now, I think I may get a avr and use it as a av pre with my ATI, and any remaining amps on the avr use for Atmos speakers

I've just been testing the JBL and Anthem AVM70 and avr740 it sounds excellent with the 2 of them. But sounds better with the processor.

I've just been testing the JBL and Anthem AVM70 and avr740 it sounds excellent with the 2 of them. But sounds better with the processor.

You're the reason I'm in this mess!! 🤣🤣

I know this sounds insane, but I'm used to quiet amps and processors. Fan noise is something I'm susceptible to and I know you've had a good run with the Anthem's on that side of things but I know the AVM doesn't have a fan!

I added mine to a Denon 4400, a huge difference straight away.

It was like going from a busker to listening to a perfectly in-time and in-time orchestra.

You're the reason I'm in this mess!! 🤣🤣

I know this sounds insane, but I'm used to quiet amps and processors. Fan noise is something I'm susceptible to and I know you've had a good run with the Anthem's on that side of things but I know the AVM doesn't have a fan!

I'm trying to budget accordingly, not make it so my lady wants to bury me under the patio! 😁

Mine, though both of the are faulty, which I’m trying to get resolved, run at 28 degrees on idle, according to the acinfinty fan system. Take from that what you will. I’ve never seen it go above 30. But I guess that’s the acinfinity is for. Maybe of no use, but hope it helps.

cheers

Jim.

@YorkshireJim007 did you get this resolved? I can't see a conclusion to your problem in this thread?

Thanks

Hi,

Just received one of these. Get power on pops and trigger not working. Any advice?

Power on pops normal on this?

Thanks.

Hi,

Just received one of these. Get power on pops and trigger not working. Any advice?

Thanks.

No pops on mine. The trigger only works if you have the small switch on the back set to the correct position. Make sure it's completely powered down and off before you move that switch though.

No pops on mine. The trigger only works if you have the small switch on the back set to the correct position. Make sure it's completely powered down and off before you move that switch though.

The trigger needs to be on outo sense right? And then put the trigger in before putting power in?

The trigger needs to be on outo sense right? And then put the trigger in before putting power in?

Think I had it set to Off when I tried it on mine. The trigger cable then disables the front power button. Like I said above, make sure it's always powered off before you switch or plug/unplug anything in.

I just power mine up manually from the front panel.

Hi,

Thanks.
If you are looking at the front of the amp Put the switch to the left. And it should work. I don't get any pops. What are you using as pre-amp.

If you are looking at the front of the amp Put the switch to the left. And it should work. I don't get any pops. What are you using as pre-amp.

Thanks for the confirmation of the speaker pops.

I've got the switch to the left, had it powered off, made the connections and then attempted to trigger the input. It's not having it.

Tried both outputs of the AV7704 currently and no joy. It sounds lovely though. Auto sense worse for signal detection so the switch definitely works.

Thanks for the confirmation of the speaker pops.

I've got the switch to the left, had it powered off, made the connections and then attempted to trigger the input. It's not having it.

Tried both outputs of the AV7704 currently and no joy. It sounds lovely though. Auto sense worse for signal detection so the switch definitely works.
It should work if you look at it from the back then switch to the right.

Definitely not working. Tried the trigger out on the oppo. I'll contact AVOnline and I believe Karma do the repairs over here...

Attachments

• 20210320_160747.jpg
    20210320_160747.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 118
@YorkshireJim007 did you get this resolved? I can't see a conclusion to your problem in this thread?

Thanks
Hi there, yeah I ended up replacing both via AV online. I paid extra on two Emotiva XPA 7 amps. Both were delivered a couple of days later and they’ve been solid as a rock. No issues. Sound amazing. Let me know if you’ve got any questions. Cheers Jim.

Hi there, yeah I ended up replacing both via AV online. I paid extra on two Emotiva XPA 7 amps. Both were delivered a couple of days later and they’ve been solid as a rock. No issues. Sound amazing. Let me know if you’ve got any questions. Cheers Jim.

Thanks for this. I got it replaced, but this one has a ridiculously loud fan. Pity as I really like them. It's looking more likely I'll be picking up an XPA second hand.

Think I had it set to Off when I tried it on mine. The trigger cable then disables the front power button. Like I said above, make sure it's always powered off before you switch or plug/unplug anything in.

I just power mine up manually from the front panel.
Hello, my sda 7200 stay in standby mode what ever the switch position and trigger câble or not. By the past, it was working.
i fear the switch has been manipulate with the amps on.
How to get it back work?
thank you

Hello, my sda 7200 stay in standby mode what ever the switch position and trigger câble or not. By the past, it was working.
i fear the switch has been manipulate with the amps on.
How to get it back work?
thank you
Hi there. I had the same problem. Had two of them. Ended sending them back. Swapped for two Emotiva XPA 7 channel amps. They haven’t put a foot wrong and sound amazing.

I fear it’s a loop that can’t be rectified. I’d contact the reseller. Shame as they were great amps at a great price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom