JBL Synthesis Power Amps

Frozzy

Had mine for about 3 weeks so far and hasn't missed a beat. There's definitely an improvement over my Denon 4700H :smashin:

Any one selling there JBL SDA-7200 I may be looking for one

Racy Jace

I found this thread as there's two in the classifieds. It seems you guys really rate the amp but it's over my budget unfortunately. I just thought I'd let if give any lurkers a heads up.👍

Last edited:
Is everyone still enjoying this amp. 😁

mtenga

Distinguished Member
No probs here, touch wood. Enjoying this amp but I don’t really push it, only 5 channels used by me usually at moderate volume. Once in a while crank it.

I am very surprised how good it actually sounds. Didn't think it would sound as good as that.

Jase

Distinguished Member
I am very surprised how good it actually sounds. Didn't think it would sound as good as that.
It's very good. My only whinge is the lack of XLR's so slightly restricts any planned upgrades for a Processor.

It's very good. My only whinge is the lack of XLR's so slightly restricts any planned upgrades for a Processor.
That's a good thing for me. It sounds really good with may Anthem 740 so changing it for the
Anthem AVM70. Was thinking of getting the storm processor but probably won't work with that amp. So that's good, save me a lot of money.

Jase

Distinguished Member
That's a good thing for me. It sounds really good with may Anthem 740 so changing it for the
Anthem AVM70. Was thinking of getting the storm processor but probably won't work with that amp. So that's good, save me a lot of money.

I had my eye on the Monoprice HTP-1 so if I did go that route I'd probably sell the JBL on. The other option would be to keep it and just get something with RCA outs.

How are you finding the Anthem in general?

I had my eye on the Monoprice HTP-1 so if I did go that route I'd probably sell the JBL on. The other option would be to keep it and just get something with RCA outs.

How are you finding the Anthem in general?
Really like it.

rccarguy2

Per

Performance with XLR is in fact worse than RCA, but could have just been that unit.

If it's not truly balanced than fake balanced XLR is worse than RCA.

Dilz1994

Just picked one of these up, seriously impressed by how much it has improved the overall soundstage, makes the speakers disappear!

kutsanagi

Assuming all are happy with purchases? Nothing out of the ordinary with transformer hum, standby issues etc?

I've got to make my mind up over the next few days of AVR or Pre/Pro and Power amp.

Like the look of these, owners rave about them and if they're running as cool of some of you suggest, that's something I'd like.

I know they have fans on but they've not been mentioned once here from what I can see! So I'm assuming you've not hear your fans kick in? Their website informed that they run silent and cool.

Thanks as always for your time.

rccarguy2

Assuming all are happy with purchases? Nothing out of the ordinary with transformer hum, standby issues etc?

I've got to make my mind up over the next few days of AVR or Pre/Pro and Power amp.

Like the look of these, owners rave about them and if they're running as cool of some of you suggest, that's something I'd like.

I know they have fans on but they've not been mentioned once here from what I can see! So I'm assuming you've not hear your fans kick in? Their website informed that they run silent and cool.

Hyperx modules? So make sure your av pre can output clean 2.5v

kutsanagi

I'm assuming so the plan is either an mrx 740 alone or with these, or a AVM 70 with one of these..

rccarguy2

SNR of 94db isn't that good?

120db on mine

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member

Dunno where you got that figure from? It's 1.29v for the JBL.

Jase

Distinguished Member

Happy with mine. Only gets mildly warm even after being on for over eight hours (although it's well ventilated in my AV stand).

kutsanagi

Happy with mine. Only gets mildly warm even after being on for over eight hours (although it's well ventilated in my AV stand).

Thanks for this. I'm truly a little stuck on whether the AVR route is the best or the Pre/Pro and Amp combo. Well I know which it is. Ones just shy of over 2k difference 🤣

rccarguy2

Thanks for this. I'm truly a little stuck on whether the AVR route is the best or the Pre/Pro and Amp combo. Well I know which it is. Ones just shy of over 2k difference 🤣
Even my class a/b ATI stays lukewarm.

Krell class a run hot and use 3000w even at idle..

Jase

Distinguished Member

I use mine with an AVR so that's something to consider if you didn't want to go with a dedicated Processor but still wanted plenty of power on tap.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Black Friday 2021: What you need to know
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray Special - The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 24th November 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Panasonic 2021 TV update brings full 4K resolution with VRR and HFR