JBL SB400 A/V Sync Issue

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by JoshieBlake, May 9, 2016.

1. JoshieBlake

JoshieBlake
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for any possible solution to the following problem.

I recently purchased a JBL SB400 soundbar. The soundbar has several HDMI ports and allows all media devices to be plugged in directly to the bar for playback. I've connected a PS4 and my cable box (U-verse) to the soundbar. I then connected an HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC port on the soundbar to my Vizio M60-C3 television.

The problem I'm encountering is audio/video sync during playback using the cable box. The audio plays slightly faster than the video, creating a noticeable "foreign film" style lip sync effect.

I've tried adjusting the lip sync option on my TV, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I'm guessing that only affects the audio playing directly from the TV speakers.

I thought maybe the problem stemmed from specific channels on my cable box, but it appears that every channel has the same issue.

As a side note, playback from the PS4 yields no noticeable audio/video delay.

If anyone has any possible solutions to this issue, I would greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks!

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,396
    You need to go into your cable box audio settings and look for an audio delay setting in it's audio menu.
    BTW this is a UK-based forum.
    You can get help for country/brand/model specific problems your side of the pond at www.avsforum.com