JBL L75ms Wireless Speaker Review & Comments

It’s not cheap. But then that’s not what it’s about.

And I have no qualms about huge hifi. Sometimes size does matter, and I’m sure the JBL will be an excellent soundbar/party device and even a decent hifi.

But by the gods it is a grotesque monster.

Hideous enough for me to hide under the stairs should it stroll into my home.

More practically, the addition of a phono stage and the omission of an optical input or two is just plain obtuse.

Both the design and the hardwired input specification are straight out of 1976.

It’s not cheap. But then that’s not what it’s about.
Already being discounted at £1199

The sooner the trend for retro is over the better as far as I‘m concerned. The 70s and 80s were not decades of high style so why are we going back and copying them?

Already being discounted at £1199

Well... that didn’t take long... 🤷‍♀️

The sooner the trend for retro is over the better as far as I‘m concerned. The 70s and 80s were not decades of high style so why are we going back and copying them?

Be sure to check out the upcoming Mission 770 review 🤡.

Im sorry but even for the discounted £1200 price tag, to have the old variant of bluetooth without the additional codecs is beyond stupid imo

Would happily deal with the behemoth size/looks if it wasnt for the above, absolutely no excuse apart from "cba"

Im sorry but even for the discounted £1200 price tag, to have the old variant of bluetooth without the additional codecs is beyond stupid imo

Would happily deal with the behemoth size/looks if it wasnt for the above, absolutely no excuse apart from "cba"

With both CC and Airplay I'd suggest Bluetooth is unnecessary so I wouldn't necessarily be bothered it's not cutting edge as I doubt I'd use it.

"Off Topic"

Everytime I load up AVF it looks like a coffin on the front page.

"On Topic"

Not something that would be on my shopping list.

Very interested in this and the Naim Mu-so 2...anyone manage to hear both?
I like the svelteness of the Naim, but the 5 year warranty JBL offer easily trumps the 2 years for the Mu-so, also wondering about which plays better with other chromecast devices (I have CCA and Shield TV pro) in speaker groups...

This can now be had brand new for a ridiculous £523 direct from JBL. They are clearing last stocks and I've bitten at this price. Bargain :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom