JBL L52 Classic Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Reaction score
Good review. Fun seems a pretty sensible place to start for speakers. That's why I have Neat's and why they're not going anywhere in a hurry.

Nice review. Thanks for posting. They do look fun. Mind, over the years those foam grilles do perish. I had to buy some replacement ones for my Linn Sara speakers.

Always loved these from way way back. The Review was spot on. Not absolutely reference, they are their own reference, and many people in the Live Music Industry where I abide also either Love or Hate JBL speakers in general

Sometimes you just want fun sound and as long as it’s not toooo fun, it can just work.

I have a pair of Fostex headphones and they are definitely not HiFi. They are however listen all day cans and sometimes, they just fit the bill perfectly.

The only problem with “coloured” speakers is that I can swap headphone for a pair of HiFi cans whenever I want. Many people can’t do that with speakers. However with front ported boxes, overall still a very good sound and looks that I really like, these are going on the “to be considered” list.

Reminds me of the tiles my gran had on the ceiling of her hairdressing shops in the 70's. Don't think I'd get past the look of them.

I bet it sounds great for an odd looking Lego brick 👍

I have the l82 on the jbl stands and love them.. i have to admit these my hifi has to please me sonically and aesthetically… these and the wharfdale linton just give off the retro vibe but are very listenable..

I am not a hardcore audiophile - I just know I like the look and sound they give from my goldnote amps…

And yes it has to be the orange (which is actually more a burnt orange than a bright one)

Cheers

Matt

Nice review. Thanks for posting. They do look fun. Mind, over the years those foam grilles do perish. I had to buy some replacement ones for my Linn Sara speakers.
My understanding is that the grilles for the new JBL L100/82/52 Classic models employ an updated/improved/more durable Quadrex foam material.

Just wondering if anyone ever bought a pair of these? How are you finding them?

Got the L82’s in April this year. Absolutely love them 👍

I think the 82's would be a bit big for what I'm after unfortunately. Did you find the sound particularly coloured? It sounds like you like it regardless.

I have to admit that I bought them without auditioning them but I assumed that being discounted from their original retail price that they were going to be good. There are plenty of good reviews for them as well and they were a big step up from some old Monitor Audio Bronze bookshelfs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom