JBL HDI 1600 Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
They did a hell of a fine job ‘hiding’ that huge tweeter horn.

As you mention Ed, it’s obviously a JBL speaker, but subdued.

That’s a feat of impressive design all by itself. A fine looking speaker imo.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I think JBL speakers are designed in the same Harman facilities with Revel speakers these days. @DLxP can probably confirm as a Revel owner.

HDI 1600 is measured by ASR in the NFS Nearfield Scanner (~100,000$) and looks great! :)

DLxP

I think JBL speakers are designed in the same Harman facilities with Revel speakers these days. @DLxP can probably confirm as a Revel owner.

HDI 1600 is measured by ASR in the NFS Nearfield Scanner (~100,000$) and looks great! :)
I don't know whether they're designed in the same facilities but I wouldn't be surprised. Certainly they're designed with the same principles and target response in mind, based on the same Harman research. In fact, before I bought the F206s I had the HDI 3600 * 3800s on my shortlist. From memory, the 1600s are the best measuring of the HDIs.

I've said before that I think the HDI series dropped the ball a bit by not having on-wall or dedicated surrounds. That's one of the reasons I went with Revel in the end (among many others). If they had dedicated surrounds the HDIs would have been a killer home theatre line.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Thanks for putting the speaker sizes in inches and cm. Speakers to my mind will always be in inches.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom