1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JBL Control 1 / not clued up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by leblanco, Feb 6, 2004.

1. leblanco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    1. i'm wanting to poss use my JBL control 1 monitors with a AV amp and dvd player
    i currently have a set but one is broken and what i'm thinking is to buy another 2 sets(£60 a set on e-bay from germany bargin), then i would have 5 monitors and the sub (which i have already)
    my question is would this work okay ? (they have crossovers biult in might affect something)
    2. i know i would have to buy AV amp can you recomend a few and what am i looking for in a amp
    3. also DVD player is it a case of you get what you pay for
    i bought the misses a cheep one for Xmas (Mico £35 from Sainsbury's) and it alright but i do notice that on very dark bit in a film you can see bits of picksels (need to learn to spell as well) would this be the player or not, maybe you can tell me what to look for in a player

also i have a mormal power amp with pre would this fit into the frame anyware or would this now become the kitchen sterio ??????????????????????????

2. Ian J

Ian J

Aug 6, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    If you wanted to put one of the JBL Control speakers on top of the TV you would need to check that it is magnetically shielded first.