You can get it from Amazon UK.

It came with different type of adaptor plates you can mount on the speaker stand (see photo). I'm using the flat one (11) x 2. I just placed the rear speakers on top that's it and can be removed for charging easily.

See link for manual. The model is Sanus EFSAT-B1.

https://www.sanus.com/assets/products/efsat/documents/EFSAT_Manual_Rev_4.pdf

View attachment 1366832

Sadly they're unavailble at the moment on amazon, so I will try and look elsewhere for them. Thanks for the link it's a great help.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I’ve been watching sky q tonight, got Atmos working on it but some channels are Dolby surround which is right. Some stuff comes up PCM, is that the best one? Can’t find any other settings in sky to change pcm etc. Is it this for standard sound like SD channels with no Dolby surround or Atmos?

I’ve been watching sky q tonight, got Atmos working on it but some channels are Dolby surround which is right. Some stuff comes up PCM, is that the best one? Can’t find any other settings in sky to change pcm etc. Is it this for standard sound like SD channels with no Dolby surround or Atmos?

Dolby Surround is for Dolby audio being unmixed. PCM is just stereo but gets upmixed as well.

PCM is just stereo but gets upmixed as well.
This is almost always LPCM isn’t it? HDMi can carry 8 channels of LPCM (not sure of bit depth and frequency) so 7.1 audio I think? It’s uncompressed so LPCM is actually a pretty decent format as I understand it.

This is almost always LPCM isn’t it? HDMi can carry 8 channels of LPCM (not sure of bit depth and frequency) so 7.1 audio I think? It’s uncompressed so LPCM is actually a pretty decent format as I understand it.

My reply was about why PCM shows for certain Sky Q channels. PCM will also show from YouTube as it's stereo as well.

Hi i just bought this today and have issues with the LEFT REAR ... there is no sound coming and also white is blinkining ...feels like it is not paired how to pair it ?

Thanks

Hi i just bought this today and have issues with the LEFT REAR ... there is no sound coming and also white is blinkining ...feels like it is not paired how to pair it ?

Thanks

Hmmm......not sure how to pair the rears. Have you tried docking it again?

I've done a few searches but not turned up my exact issue so here goes.
I love the bar, great upgrade to my sound and overall experience. But I have one nagging issue I can't sort out. When I run my Apple TV 4K into my LG C9 monitor, and then out to the JBL via eArc (using passthrough setting) everything works as expected. Atmos shows up, CEC works great, etc.

But periodically, when I'm watching Atmos content from Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, the sound will just disappear and drop out completely. Exiting the app and coming back fixes it. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it vanishes in the first place.

When I use the apps built into the LG, I don't think this ever happens. All of the audio is solid.

I haven't tried running the Apple TV direct into the JBL and then out from the bar into the eARC of the TV, because I seem to remember that being more awkward from a usability standpoint previously. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and that's a solve.

Of course I can just stick with the built in LG apps, other than missing HBO Max, frankly the Apple TV doesn't have a huge advantage these days.

Anyway, wanted to see if anybody here has similar experience or tips. Thanks!

I love the bar, great upgrade to my sound and overall experience. But I have one nagging issue I can't sort out. When I run my Apple TV 4K into my LG C9 monitor, and then out to the JBL via eArc (using passthrough setting) everything works as expected. Atmos shows up, CEC works great, etc.

But periodically, when I'm watching Atmos content from Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, the sound will just disappear and drop out completely. Exiting the app and coming back fixes it. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it vanishes in the first place.

When I use the apps built into the LG, I don't think this ever happens. All of the audio is solid.

I haven't tried running the Apple TV direct into the JBL and then out from the bar into the eARC of the TV, because I seem to remember that being more awkward from a usability standpoint previously. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and that's a solve.

Of course I can just stick with the built in LG apps, other than missing HBO Max, frankly the Apple TV doesn't have a huge advantage these days.

I have an identical setup (excluding use of Disney+) and don't see any dropouts.
I would suggest
1/ use the cable test on the AppleTV to make sure your HDMI cables pass, you can swap them around to make sure all cables are considered good.
2/ Check settings on AppleTV, typically set Match Content Frame Rate and Range, set default UI to 4K - 50/60Hz - SDR
3/ It might be worth experimenting with AppleTV direct to bar, just to rule out any issues with TV/TV settings but you shouldn't need to have it permanently this way.

Not sure in E8 on sound settings if you have Passthrough option on audio. If you have it, set the audio to passthrough not auto or PCM. On my C9 this fixed sound issue.
Sorry for the late reply guys.
unfortunately, no option to set passthrough on a E8 ToT But thank you still !

Looking at this to replace sky q soundbox, has anyone had both and can give an opinion? Also has hlg passthrough been added to the bar yet? Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm getting a strange problem with my JBL soundbar. Connected to my Sony XG9505 via eARC and CEC (Bravia Sync) is on and that works fine but when both devices are off the JBL switches itself back on by itself. Anyone any idea what's wrong?

You should always use you LG apps anyway, the c9 is far better processing them. If I use sky q to watch Netflix etc it’s no where near as good picture as LG built in apps. I would say the same goes for Apple TV box. When there’s a button on the tv remote direct to them not sure why you would use them.

might sound stupid but when I first set it up I didn’t quite click the HDMI into the sound bar needed an extra push in. Not something stupid like that is it?

I have an identical setup (excluding use of Disney+) and don't see any dropouts.
I would suggest
1/ use the cable test on the AppleTV to make sure your HDMI cables pass, you can swap them around to make sure all cables are considered good.
2/ Check settings on AppleTV, typically set Match Content Frame Rate and Range, set default UI to 4K - 50/60Hz - SDR
3/ It might be worth experimenting with AppleTV direct to bar, just to rule out any issues with TV/TV settings but you shouldn't need to have it permanently this way.

Sorry I should have included those details.

Yes, I've swapped cables. Started with the Belkin 48Gbps cables that I'd purchased to cure an earlier issue with a different tv/bar. Then I tried the only other 48Gbps cables I could find on Amazon, made by Zeskit. Didn't seem to matter either way. Both of them "pass" the Apple TV HDMI diagnostic when set to 4:4:4

And yes I always set the UI to 4K SDR, using frame rate and content matching to get HDR only where it's appropriate.

I did try the connection direct to the bar, and while at first I thought it might have done the trick, eventually it too had a dropout.

All of which leads me to conclude it's a quirk or short somewhere in my Apple TV 4K box, not a setting mismatch or deficiency in either the LG C9 or the JBL 9.1

To be honest, as per other posts, probably better to just use the LG apps anyway, and the LG's built in AirPlay for the rare app/content that isn't available directly on the LG (like HBO Max for example). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that when sending to the C9 using AirPlay from my iPhone or iPad using content with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos correctly processed both of those.

You should always use you LG apps anyway, the c9 is far better processing them. If I use sky q to watch Netflix etc it’s no where near as good picture as LG built in apps. I would say the same goes for Apple TV box. When there’s a button on the tv remote direct to them not sure why you would use them.

might sound stupid but when I first set it up I didn’t quite click the HDMI into the sound bar needed an extra push in. Not something stupid like that is it?

Yes, I've connected and reconnected the cables a few times to double check, but as you say there's no such thing as stupid when it comes to this kind of thing lol. It's so easy to make a simple mistake.

To your broader point, yes I suspect you are right and I'm just better off using the native apps. The only reason I wasn't is my family is slightly more used to the ergonomics (as poor as they are) of the Apple TV. And the lack of HBO Max in the LG App Store. But I've found a good work around on the latter because when you sent HBO Max from your iPhone or iPad via AirPlay 2, it looks and sounds great. So until Apple upgrades the TV box or adds something compelling, I guess I'm not really missing much of anything, and as you say, less processing/hops of the signal is probably a good thing image quality wise.

I can't get the supplied remote to work anymore and I'd like to do audio calibration. I'm guessing it's something with my Bravia settings. Anyone any idea what settings I need to change?

Thanks.

Hello,
I've had this bar around a week now and I've recieved no firmware updates whatsoever (I'm connected via ethernet). The firmware I'm on according to Google Home is 202005180.

I've read many people say the bar with the do the updates automatically alas nothing here.
Pressing the two key combo just prompts to insert a USA key which does nothing and there are no firmware files to download via JBLs' website.

I've tried a few resets and no joy. Just wifi. Disconnected from home to name a few from my searches in this thread.

Any help would be good. This is the only device I've ever had which won't update.

Thanks.

Gary

Hello,
so I got this bar yesterday and so far it's been a struggle. I cannot seem to be able to update the firmware. Upon start-up, it tells me that Update found -> Updating -> Update found dock spkr. The speakers are obviously docked - I tried reconnecting them multiple times. Even the white light is on which would suggest, they are connected. (Connected to Ethernet for this.)

The same issue transfers to Google Home. When trying to set it up to work on my wifi, I get to the point where it starts updating the firmware, but after a couple of minutes, it fails. This results in the whole setup failing and I need to start again from scratch.

Any tips on how to resolve this, please?

Hello,
so I got this bar yesterday and so far it's been a struggle. I cannot seem to be able to update the firmware. Upon start-up, it tells me that Update found -> Updating -> Update found dock spkr. The speakers are obviously docked - I tried reconnecting them multiple times. Even the white light is on which would suggest, they are connected. (Connected to Ethernet for this.)

The same issue transfers to Google Home. When trying to set it up to work on my wifi, I get to the point where it starts updating the firmware, but after a couple of minutes, it fails. This results in the whole setup failing and I need to start again from scratch.

Any tips on how to resolve this, please?

Have you tried factory resetting the bar and starting again?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom