I finally received my sound bar today, setup seemed to go fine but the remote is just not working - I have tried numerous batteries and still the bar doesn’t receive any commands. Has anybody else
had this issue? Other than that the sound works fine and from the quick listen I had, sounded excellent!?

Last edited:
Well we've bought an over-confident bar people. Most of that review could be written without even testing. I don't want to be too precious about this soundbar its fine for me, may be not for others, but really these reviews are worthless. Test scientifically or please don't bother.

Hi, ive just got this bar and so far am impressed with it. However ....someone might be able to help with this little niggle....my TV is a 1080p 2016 Sony (so only has ARC), im using SKYQ connected to a 1in 4out HDMI splitter which connects to the sound bar - the sound bar then connects to my main TV......however its a real pain to get the picture to display on the TV, I have to randomly switch off each item (SKY/Switch/JBL) and then back on again for the signal to get through to the TV. If I directly connect the JBL to my sky box its fine, so I assume its the 1in 4out causing the issue. Does anyone know of a better 1in 4out box I can use that will also carry ATMOS (I do not use 4k)
Thanks.

Hi, ive just got this bar and so far am impressed with it. However ....someone might be able to help with this little niggle....my TV is a 1080p 2016 Sony (so only has ARC), im using SKYQ connected to a 1in 4out HDMI splitter which connects to the sound bar - the sound bar then connects to my main TV......however its a real pain to get the picture to display on the TV, I have to randomly switch off each item (SKY/Switch/JBL) and then back on again for the signal to get through to the TV. If I directly connect the JBL to my sky box its fine, so I assume its the 1in 4out causing the issue. Does anyone know of a better 1in 4out box I can use that will also carry ATMOS (I do not use 4k)
Thanks.

How is your HDMI splitter powered? If it's by the HDMI connections the Sky Q box alone won't power it. I have to have my Chromecast plugged into my splitter for it to work.

How is your HDMI splitter powered? If it's by the HDMI connections the Sky Q box alone won't power it. I have to have my Chromecast plugged into my splitter for it to work.

the splitter has its own 12V 2A power supply. This was the model... Belfen 1x4 4 Ports HDMI Powered Splitter for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Four Outputs)

the splitter has its own 12V 2A power supply. This was the model... Belfen 1x4 4 Ports HDMI Powered Splitter for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Four Outputs)

Does it need to be 4 to 1 as the one I use is 3 to 1?

3 in 1 would be fine as long as it works. The other problem ive always had with this splitter is whenever you turn on an additional TV that is connected to it you have to turn off and on the switch (or the sky box) in order for the turned on TV to display a picture (which isnt too much of a problem) - the JBL seems to have a hard time getting connected to it.

@jugglerb I had same issue. The one @SmAShY recommended didn't work for me and by chance I have started a thread in the cable and switch section today to see if anyone has suggestions for a product.
There is a thread in there that has the below as an option that I might purchase depending on any other recommendations
Amazon product ASIN B078H3BBKX

Alright, so finally got a replacement and the sound has been good so far. Trying to figure optimize the settings any tips? Also, calibration keeps failing at step 1 (the soundbar updated as soon as it connected to the wifi) and this is my first use ever. Any help is appreciated.

Alright, so finally got a replacement and the sound has been good so far. Trying to figure optimize the settings any tips? Also, calibration keeps failing at step 1 (the soundbar updated as soon as it connected to the wifi) and this is my first use ever. Any help is appreciated.
Mine failed to calibrate after the software update, I reset the bar and did the calibration first then reconnected it to the WiFi.

Mine failed to calibrate after the software update, I reset the bar and did the calibration first then reconnected it to the WiFi.
This worked perfectly. Thank you! I reset it and the trick was to do the calibration before connecting it to WiFi. I am yet to figure out how to get Atmos to work - my source is through the earc port on my tv supporting Atmos and the native Netflix app. Fingers crossed.

This worked perfectly. Thank you! I reset it and the trick was to do the calibration before connecting it to WiFi. I am yet to figure out how to get Atmos to work - my source is through the earc port on my tv supporting Atmos and the native Netflix app. Fingers crossed.

You got the top (highest priced) netflix subscription?

I use this, but I need to have my Chromecast and Sky Q box connected for it to work. One chap on here couldn't get it to work so no promises:

Amazon product ASIN B07X3H1RDZ

Thanks for this though my problem is with my 1 input 4 output splitter, I dont use a switch currently.

Im thinking it would be easier just to get another sky mini box rather than try and split the signal to the JBL

You got the top (highest priced) netflix subscription?
Yes. Atmos just refuses to show up on any of the titles (Usually has the DD atmos logo on there). Its the Sony xbr700H android tv 2020 which supports atmos so I am confused really.

Yes. Atmos just refuses to show up on any of the titles (Usually has the DD atmos logo on there). Its the Sony xbr700H android tv 2020 which supports atmos so I am confused really.

Is the audio output format on your TV set to DD+?

It's came!

Not gonna get Atmos, but do get Dolby Surround. (Is there a big difference?)

My shield is 2015, but could potentially get Atmos via Netflix Kodi if I wanted to compare.

Attachments

• 1596217716182337867211811147712.jpg
    1596217716182337867211811147712.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 109
Alright quick update.
Is the audio output format on your TV set to DD+?
Yes it’s Dolby digital plus. If I switch to tv speakers Netflix immediately shows Atmos and when I switch to the soundbar just 5.1 Dolby surround. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Checked all the output options😅

When playing a disc with DTS-X the bar displays DTS-X Nueral. Do I turn that off? And is it also best to turn smart mode off?
Thanks.

When playing a disc with DTS-X the bar displays DTS-X Nueral. Do I turn that off? And is it also best to turn smart mode off?
Thanks.
When DTS-X discs are played it still displays DTS-X Neural to have "proper" DTS X press and hold atmos button for over 12 seconds it it should than show DTS-X only which is correct

When DTS-X discs are played it still displays DTS-X Neural to have "proper" DTS X press and hold atmos button for over 12 seconds it it should than show DTS-X only which is correct
Thank you, I did that and now it just shows DTS. Gone are the days of just plug it in and play.

Thank you, I did that and now it just shows DTS. Gone are the days of just plug it in and play.
does the bar display Dolby Atmos when you arc it through the tv from a native Netflix app that’s on the tv ? have the Atmos showing up Through tv speakers and then only as 5.1 through the bar

does the bar display Dolby Atmos when you arc it through the tv from a native Netflix app that’s on the tv ? have the Atmos showing up Through tv speakers and then only as 5.1 through the bar
I don't think my TV does dolby atmos so I'm only getting 5.1 through Netflix.

What TV do you have?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom