So had to do a hard reset to get calibration to work. Took me a few failed tries before I went that way. Not much time to play with system and whilst sky Q is not exhibiting lipsync unfortunately the blu ray is. The former is plugged direct to the bar so I'm wondering if I should consider a HDMI switch so I can go between the two to see if that helps. I also need to check the tv apps to see if there is an issues there with lipsync.

I have my Sky Q directly into the bar and it's fine, but I also get some lip sync issues on my PS4 plugged into the TV and using ARC. I have a splitter on order from Amazon.

I have my Sky Q directly into the bar and it's fine, but I also get some lip sync issues on my PS4 plugged into the TV and using ARC. I have a splitter on order from Amazon.
Can you post a link thanks?

It's not arrived yet so can't comment on how good it is. My TV doesn't support Dolby Vison or HDR10+ so normal HDR passthrough is fine:

Amazon product ASIN B07X3H1RDZ
So the 'out' plugs into the soundbar and plug the sources in to the 'ins'. Select the right source and off you go?

Probably a silly question but if I connect the tv to the 9.1 via the arc input am I going to be getting atmos on the Netflix app? I’m not sure if I am or not at present lol. Keep reading different things.

on sound settings on the tv the atmos option is greyed out as I have HDMI ARC set as the sound out option.

Probably a silly question but if I connect the tv to the 9.1 via the arc input am I going to be getting atmos on the Netflix app? I’m not sure if I am or not at present lol. Keep reading different things.

on sound settings on the tv the atmos option is greyed out as I have HDMI ARC set as the sound out option.

What TV do you have, and does it support Dolby Digital+?

Been listening to some music cast from Spotify this evening. Very nice.
Wifey complaining it's to loud at notch 3 :)

Last edited:
So had to do a hard reset to get calibration to work. Took me a few failed tries before I went that way. Not much time to play with system and whilst sky Q is not exhibiting lipsync unfortunately the blu ray is. The former is plugged direct to the bar so I'm wondering if I should consider a HDMI switch so I can go between the two to see if that helps. I also need to check the tv apps to see if there is an issues there with lipsync.
What do you have the bluray plugged into? I'm assuming a TV, but which one?

If your playing an atmos source it will tell you on the display. I just hooked up my new nvidia shield pro and played some Netflix atmos, and it was pretty impressive

Found this. Not sure if it is any help?

I also spotted that post last night when I was searching for answers :) mine was set to PCM so I’ll change to auto. Other posts seem to suggest that there should be more options as I only get PCM or Auto and nothing else.

I’ll try changing the cable over as well. I am using the one that came with the 9.1 so not expecting that to help.

The bar has never shown Atmos on the display so I’m pretty sure it’s not been working yet. I may have a bit more time to play today so hoping to make progress. My 2017 Nvidia Shield isn’t Atmos otherwise I would try plugging that directly into the bar to see if that makes a difference. Was hoping to not have to go down that route as the bar only has the one HDMI input so I would be having to switch devices quite a lot.

What do you have the bluray plugged into? I'm assuming a TV, but which one?
Panasonic dx902. Blu ray plugged into it. I didn't have this issue with the Samsung single bar solution previously. Think I'll play around with HDMI inputs today to see if I can find a fix but any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Panasonic dx902. Blu ray plugged into it. I didn't have this issue with the Samsung single bar solution previously. Think I'll play around with HDMI inputs today to see if I can find a fix but any suggestions greatly appreciated.
is the tv capable of atmos passthrough over the hdmi connection. i know my sony from around the same age as yours could not do this, hence the reason why i bought an nvidia shield.

is the tv capable of atmos passthrough over the hdmi connection. i know my sony from around the same age as yours could not do this, hence the reason why i bought an nvidia shield.

I'd doubt it. As much as we all love our DX902s for pic quality, it's age is showing when it comes newer formats and codecs. Was atmos even a big thing in 2016???? :confused:

I'd doubt it. As much as we all love our DX902s for pic quality, it's age is showing when it comes newer formats and codecs. Was atmos even a big thing in 2016???? :confused:

If Netflix Atmos is what you are after I would kind of agree that the DX might not good as it only supports ARC. All this for an additional 128 Kbps which carries information for height channels.

For the rest, my £30 FireTV stick is doing a great job passing through Atmos on Disney+ and Prime.

Netflix Atmos is not supported by FireTV and I think its limited to TV apps plus ATV.

Last edited:
So a little update.

I’ve got a list of Atmos titles on Netflix and they are all only showing as 5.1 on the LG Netflix App so I’m definitely only getting normal surround and not Atmos.

Tested with Daredevil series 3, altered carbon and Domelite is my name which are all Atmos. When I open any of them in the app it just says 5.1 and none of them say Atmos.

Are you guys all seeing the Atmos logo on these titles?

Not sure where to go from here. Don’t really want to buy a new Shield (I have a 2017 version already). Was really hoping to get Atmos from the TV app via ARC as that should in theory be perfectly possible.

So a little update.

I’ve got a list of Atmos titles on Netflix and they are all only showing as 5.1 on the LG Netflix App so I’m definitely only getting normal surround and not Atmos.

Tested with Daredevil series 3, altered carbon and Domelite is my name which are all Atmos. When I open any of them in the app it just says 5.1 and none of them say Atmos.

Are you guys all seeing the Atmos logo on these titles?

Not sure where to go from here. Don’t really want to buy a new Shield (I have a 2017 version already). Was really hoping to get Atmos from the TV app via ARC as that should in theory be perfectly possible.

You could get a FireTV stick as mentioned above?

Unplugged the bar and it shows the Atmos logo on the app again. Plug it back in and it goes back to 5.1. Tried a different cable and no luck.

So frustrating. Will try to do a hard power down on the tv to see if that makes any difference.

Unplugged the bar and it shows the Atmos logo on the app again. Plug it back in and it goes back to 5.1. Tried a different cable and no luck.

So frustrating. Will try to do a hard power down on the tv to see if that makes any difference.
A lot of people report similar issues with your TV. Some people have got it working and others haven't. So not sure what else you could try.

A lot of people report similar issues with your TV. Some people have got it working and others haven't. So not sure what else you could try.
I think you are right and it’s a C8 issue as I’ve tried pretty much everything. Think it’s going to be a case of upgrading the 2017 Shield to the new pro version. I’m a big fan of the Shield and looking at used prices on eBay it should only be about £60 to upgrade. Also got a £1 listing offer so it’ll go on eBay. I’ll then plug the Shield into the soundbar directly as that should hopefully do the trick.

Thanks for the help in trying to sort it. Very keen to get to the bottom of the issues so I will continue to read the different threads and see if anyone manages to solve a similar issue.

I got my shield pro from amazon yesterday and its been great. £198 on amazon just now. They keep coming and going out of stock

Currently in stock for delivery tomorrow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom