More issues with the Sonos arc....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-045204_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-045204_Chrome.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 228
More issues with the Sonos arc....

Yet in-spite of this they say it's still better than the JBL so I don't get your point? Your original point was that "The best review site on the planet" rated the Arc + surrounds + sub badly, you were corrected as they clearly state it's a brilliant bar and even better than the JBL.

Where's the beef?

Yet in-spite of this they say it's still better than the JBL so I don't get your point? Your original point was that "The best review site on the planet" rated the Arc + surrounds + sub badly, you were corrected as they clearly state it's a brilliant bar and even better than the JBL.

Where's the beef?
Really that's not what the test numbers say . Yes they use the best equipment on the planet to review all aspects of the device. Numbers don't lie sorry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-050151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-050151_Chrome.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 226
The Sonos arc got 4.8 for dialog/tv which is horrible. I wouldn't recommend this soundbar to anyone.

Really that's not what the test numbers say . Yes they use the best equipment on the planet to review all aspects of the device. Numbers don't lie sorry.

Lol, you're purposely ignoring the fact that in the same exact review RTings themselves state not to take the numbers at face value because their methodology is flawed due to the way the website turns bass score into a number; and the fact that they stress that inspite of these flawed numbers the ARC outperforms the JBL.

OK.

😅

Read that again....they didn't like the sonos arc much and the test numbers reflect this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-050825_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-050825_Gallery.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 180
No, I mean there are plenty of review sites that rate the Arc by itself better than the JBL with surrounds and a sub.

WhatHifi, Digital Trends, T3, Pocket Lint...

Yes, I'm sure you'll find many owners who would buy a sonos bar alone vs getting the 9.1 JBL bar and sub..
I understood what you meant, but that is bogus. No way on earth the sonos bar alone provides a better deep bass experience than the JBL bar and bass for movies. Get out of here.

The Sonos arc got 4.8 for dialog/tv which is horrible. I wouldn't recommend this soundbar to anyone.

"The Sonos Arc full setup is very good for dialogue and TV shows."
- Source: The best review website on the planet.

On the other hand sound and vision.com loved the new JBL 9.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-051230_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-051230_Chrome.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 151
Yes, I'm sure you'll find many owners who would buy a sonos bar alone vs getting the 9.1 JBL bar and sub..
I understood what you meant, but that is bogus. No way on earth the sonos bar alone provides a better deep bass experience than the JBL bar and bass for movies. Get out of here.
I've never argued that the Sonos has better deep bass; I've simply stated and demonstrated several review sites prefer the Sonos Arc to the JBL. It certainly doesn't mean you have to agree with them, or with RTings who rate the full Arc setup as better than the JBL like the other guy seems upset with.

I've never argued that the Sonos has better deep bass; I've simply stated and demonstrated several review sites prefer the Sonos Arc to the JBL. It certainly doesn't mean you have to agree with them, or with RTings who rate the full Arc setup as better than the JBL like the other guy seems upset with.

Sure, but the full sonos arc system (even without rear speakers) is significantly more expensive.

The Sonos arc doesn't even have bluetooth streaming wow that is pathetic.😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-051833_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-051833_Chrome.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 115
Sure, but the full sonos arc system (even without rear speakers) is significantly more expensive.

I wouldn't call £50 significantly more expensive but agree the JBL is certainly more prone to flash offers and discounts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.16.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.16.52.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 101
Again rtings really didn't like the sonos arc much especially for the money.
JBL is the clear winner here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-052319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-052319_Gallery.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 125
Again for the money it's a rip off especially with no bluetooth streaming that was a massive mistake on sonos part. The JBL 9.1 does everything as good or better vs the sonos arc and it does it for way less money. We have a clear winner.

Again for the money it's a rip off especially with no bluetooth streaming that was a massive mistake on sonos part. The JBL 9.1 does everything as good or better vs the sonos arc and it does it for way less money. We have a clear winner.

Oh I'm inclined to agree.

My only point is that RTings rate the full Sonos setup as better than the JBL despite the overall score.

Whether the "slight improvement" they mention is worth it is very debatable and personal, but I agree, for me it wouldn't be worth the extra £1000 or so.

However as I own the sub and surrounds already it makes the decision harder....

Likewise I could get the JBL and sell the Play 1s the sub and the Playbar and end up with more money than I started with! :)

Oh I'm inclined to agree.

My only point is that RTings rate the full Sonos setup as better than the JBL despite the overall score.

Whether the "slight improvement" they mention is worth it is very debatable and personal, but I agree, for me it wouldn't be worth the extra £1000 or so.

However as I own the sub and surrounds already it makes the decision harder....

Likewise I could get the JBL and sell the Play 1s the sub and the Playbar and end up with more money than I started with! :)
Now your thinking.😄

Has anyone run into this message on Google Home when trying to use it to connect the JBL to wifi

Attachments

• IMG_7114.PNG
    IMG_7114.PNG
    139.7 KB · Views: 199
I have some problems with jbl and google home. After made all settings, went to home app and jbl settings, after that my home app stopped working and said there is no connection to my internet. Had to reset all my home app and start over.

I don't want to go to settings anymore...
Hope, there will be a fix or jbl will give us their own app for soundbar.

Another thing to consider is the heritage of JBL they have been making stereo equipment for over 70 years. Sonos is a relatively new company with far less experience in producing excellent products again clear winner for price and performance....JBL bang for the buck and quality nothing even comes close for a Dolby Atmos wireless home theater system.

I previously owned the wireless 5.1 JBL system it was good for it's time again great value and sound although the old system lacked mid range.
The 9.1 is light years ahead and addressed those issues nicely plus now with 820 watts it is a monster system. No distortion even at full volume WOW.

I have some problems with jbl and google home. After made all settings, went to home app and jbl settings, after that my home app stopped working and said there is no connection to my internet. Had to reset all my home app and start over.

I don't want to go to settings anymore...
Hope, there will be a fix or jbl will give us their own app for soundbar.
Sounds like you have a defective unit . I would exchange it.

It works fine, but only google home app is not working. Software bug on home or jbl, could not tell...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom