JBL BAR 9.1 - Wireless Dolby Atmos Soundbar

andyman2

Yep, the Ethernet lights on the port don’t light up either. Looks like it’s stuck booting up and nothing responds until you actually boot up.
Ah - not very promising then - may be they'll find you a replacement a little quicker under the circumstances. Polite but very disappointed email?

riskyaks

Novice Member
Ah - not very promising then - may be they'll find you a replacement a little quicker under the circumstances. Polite but very disappointed email?
Spoke on the phone, they were surprised and didn’t seem to know why it happened. Maybe my particular unit.

Rickster1978

So I’ve just sold the bezel that I had to add to my basket to get the deal on Curry’s for £77. Happy with that as it brings the total for the Soundbar to under £600 which seems a bargain :)

Rickster1978

Put it on eBay at a starting price of £40 and would have taken that. Also did pretty well on the 2017 Shield. Bought for £125 with the game controller. Sold it without the controller for £148. Bonkers! Just did a 99p no reserve auction. There was loads of interest. My 2019 one only cost £199.

Stein67

Anyone know when this will be back in stock in the UK?

sneakyweeone

Anyone know when this will be back in stock in the UK?
You just have to be patient. It seems to to go in a cycle of stock in every month and then sells out quick.

jasup

Coming back from vacation. My jbl doesn’t work anymore. The led screen is buggy and I have no sound. How to hard reset ? ? I don’t think it can fix the clipping screen

andyman2

Coming back from vacation. My jbl doesn’t work anymore. The led screen is buggy and I have no sound. How to hard reset ? ? I don’t think it can fix the clipping screen
Well I'm not sure there is much troubleshooting that can be done. I'd pull ALL cables, leave off for a short while then re-connect with fingers crossed.

andyman2

The most you appear to be able to do is a restore to default settings:

9. RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS By restoring the default settings defined at factories. you remove all your personalized settings from the soundbar. • On the soundbar, press and hold "Power On" and "Source" for more than 10 seconds. → “ ” is displayed. → The soundbar shows “ ” and “ ” and then, goes to standby mode.

Edit > cut/paste has removed half the text symbols, best take a look at section 9 in the manual

jasup

Well I'm not sure there is much troubleshooting that can be done. I'd pull ALL cables, leave off for a short while then re-connect with fingers crossed.
The bar works again but the screen has some dead area. For exemple i see VOL ‘2 instead of 12. The lower half of the number 1 is clipping

jasup

BB4532CE-E48E-4B2E-A023-0EF1E873AE30.jpeg

can I get a warranty for this ? The led is bugging on some place for few days (we can see only half the 1 for 10 ). It was perfect before

sneakyweeone

You probably could but it depends if your happy if everything else is working. I would probably assess ,if it was me, is it was worth the hassle of a change over vs the quality of the sound product your getting.

jasup

You probably could but it depends if your happy if everything else is working. I would probably assess ,if it was me, is it was worth the hassle of a change over vs the quality of the sound product your getting.
Called jbl. Need to send it back for repair. Which means no sound for a long time. I’ll wait a bit more maybe the panel will wake up 😅😅

JaxPro

Got my bar today and I’m very happy, watched Blade Runner 2049 in Atmos and it was amazing! It was like watching the movie in the cinema again.

DarrylJohn

Where did you get it from ? Any deals going on in the US ?
It's £749 direct from JBL at the moment. Use code: SECRETJBL

I'm just on waiting for mine to get delivered from Curry's. Hopefully have no issuing selling a black Samsung frame on

sneakyweeone

It's £749 direct from JBL at the moment. Use code: SECRETJBL

I'm just on waiting for mine to get delivered from Curry's. Hopefully have no issuing selling a black Samsung frame on
Most folk have had some success selling on or you can return if you bought online.

Fried Gold

Novice Member
Something odd has happened. I'm not getting any dialogue from watching anything with surround sound, only the the score from the film/show.

Fried Gold

Novice Member
The factory reset seems to have worked. Not sure what happened there. I've also given up on the calibration as it fails every time.
Something odd has happened. I'm not getting any dialogue from watching anything with surround sound, only the the score from the film/show.

Aryn86

Just read the trustedreviews review for the Bar 9.1 and can honestly say the reviewer is more confused than scoby doo. Essentially says it's the closest soundbar to an actual physical Dolby atmos system yet still manages to find enough reasons to say it's not even worth 4 stars.

If you make a soundbar that's mediocre for movies but good for music you'll get a much more positive review than the other way round.

SmAShY

Just read the trustedreviews review for the Bar 9.1 and can honestly say the reviewer is more confused than scoby doo. Essentially says it's the closest soundbar to an actual physical Dolby atmos system yet still manages to find enough reasons to say it's not even worth 4 stars.

If you make a soundbar that's mediocre for movies but good for music you'll get a much more positive review than the other way round.
Yea, I read this as well and thought the same as you.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn announces Majik DSM digital streamer upgrade
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces WH-1000XM4 noise cancelling headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches C22 Mk V preamp and MC1502 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Marantz unveils 12 Series Special Edition models