JBL BAR 9.1 Soundbar Review & Comments

dave77

From the review if that helps:
there’s also a template and wall mounts for the soundbar, along with mounts for the rear speakers that you can hook them on to when they’re in use and unhook them when you want to recharge them
Thanks, missed that. Just looking at the manual, assuming the thing at the bottom right are the rear mounts they look ideal, I want something discreet when removed

1593506549829.png

Edit: Ah, it is, I really should read the full thing first!

1593506719531.png

bongo123

Hi I'm hoping all being well to start into a garage conversion into a home Cinema and i was considering if instead of investing in an amp, speakers wiring etc would it be better to go with one of these types of sound bars. The space is only about 6x2.5m wide and 2.1 high so not a lot of space to fill and these sound like they'd perfectly fill my needs, my only concern is the overhead effects, obviously you'll never beat actual overhead speakers but do these things actually work and deliver a convincing overhead sound?? Or am i better simply planning for and installing a separate speaker system?

SmAShY

Hi I'm hoping all being well to start into a garage conversion into a home Cinema and i was considering if instead of investing in an amp, speakers wiring etc would it be better to go with one of these types of sound bars. The space is only about 6x2.5m wide and 2.1 high so not a lot of space to fill and these sound like they'd perfectly fill my needs, my only concern is the overhead effects, obviously you'll never beat actual overhead speakers but do these things actually work and deliver a convincing overhead sound?? Or am i better simply planning for and installing a separate speaker system?
The overheads are great. Have you read Steve's review, he liked them too! 😁

sneakyweeone

I would try posting in the section below:

Rickster1978

Mine has arrived. Just getting it all set up. Pretty hefty bit of kit and the sub looks like a monster. Currently charging the surround speakers and reading up the best way to connect via ARC. Will update once I’ve got my head around it all and got it connected.

sneakyweeone

I'd recommend downloading the main manual from the JBL website. The other JBL thread has my faux pas on it:laugh:

Rickster1978

I’m already stumped at connecting to the WiFi as I don’t seem to have the option on my iOS to add it to the network via airplay.

Didnt know there was another thread so I shall look there.

sneakyweeone

I’m already stumped at connecting to the WiFi as I don’t seem to have the option on my iOS to add it to the network via airplay.

Sorry not apple person so can't help there.

magiclak

Standard Member

If you have your network hardware located close by, I would recommend a hardwired connection via Ethernet.

The absence of a Lan port on LG’s flagship soundbar(SN11RG) was a deal breaker for me, for otherwise an excellent Audio kit.

sneakyweeone

Atmos doesn't work over ARC on the C8.
This was from an earlier exchange on this issue. Might be best to post on the c8 forum. But I have seen this mentioned in other areas of the soundbar forum- I think it was in the Sonos Arc one.

magiclak

Standard Member
Just finished watching Greyhound on Apple TV+ (Apple original film). Awesome movie. Being a WWII movie fanatic, this was right up my alley. Great implementation of Dolby Vision/Atmos.

A truly immersive experience with the JBL’s. The latest update has definitely made this a more balanced sounding unit.

Have a great weekend !!

SmAShY

Just finished watching Greyhound on Apple TV+ (Apple original film). Awesome movie. Being a WWII movie fanatic, this was right up my alley. Great implementation of Dolby Vision/Atmos.

A truly immersive experience with the JBL’s. The latest update has definitely made this a more balanced sounding unit.

Have a great weekend !!
Really want to see this film but despise Apple 😁

SmAShY

Sorry, I probably mistook you for the person who was having issues with his B8 oled.

I’m a bad lurker. :D

PS: I love Phillips TV’s. Really bummed that they are not available out here anymore. :blush:
I love Ambilight. Just waiting for their OLEDs to support eARC before upgrading.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Top Bottom