JBL Bar 5.0 Multibeam

Nah, work for VM so always been the same, weird one indeed... Yeah can make it go away by pulling the power from wither the router or the soundbar, but it will always come back eventually...
Very odd. Are you still in warranty?

Have you tried holding the first button down for longer? I have to press for at least 6 seconds for mine to work (with every combo).
Sorted.......problem was with the "idiot holding the remote" - Me LOL - I was depressing them simultaneously (which doesn't work) and as soon as I did it sequentially - problem resolved. Works perfectly. Many thanks for the assistance.

Sorted.......problem was with the "idiot holding the remote" - Me LOL - I was depressing them simultaneously (which doesn't work) and as soon as I did it sequentially - problem resolved. Works perfectly. Many thanks for the assistance.
Good to hear you've got it sorted! 👍🏻

Mine STILL displays "CHROMECAST, AIRPLAY READY" all the bloody time, wonder if we'll ever get another firware update?
Version: 21-04-54-70
Release Date: January 29, 2021

Have contacted JBL support and logged a ticket, the agent said that the CHROMCAST, AIRPLAY READY issue was supposed to be fixed by the last firmware update, so gave them all the details from my bar and they are taking a look... as I am on the latest firmware that is available on the website and no over the air updates have been pushed since... as for the messages above, can;t decide which number would sugegst a newer firmware 21.21.41.70 or 21.04.54.70 haha... no actual date on the website in the firmware bit, just immediately starts the download of the .zip

Have contacted JBL support and logged a ticket, the agent said that the CHROMCAST, AIRPLAY READY issue was supposed to be fixed by the last firmware update, so gave them all the details from my bar and they are taking a look... as I am on the latest firmware that is available on the website and no over the air updates have been pushed since... as for the messages above, can;t decide which number would sugegst a newer firmware 21.21.41.70 or 21.04.54.70 haha... no actual date on the website in the firmware bit, just immediately starts the download of the .zip
I agree re the firmware - not the clearest. Hopefully they'll push out another update to resolve it, or at least sort your bar out.

Hey,

anyone knows whats the newest firmware?
21.21.41.70 or 21.04.54.70?

I think 21.21.41.70 (JBL website) is from June/2021 and 21.04.54.70 is from January/2021.

Because in the firmware update manual you can see Januar 2021 and update 21.04.54.70 on the last page.
In the Harman customer friendly release notes you can see 21.21.41.70 from June/2021.
Look at the attached files please.

After I first connected the soundbar to the Wifi it says updating goes up to 40% and then it stops. Is this normal?
Also no error or done notification.

When I look for the software update (holding "-" and "Source") it says 21.04.54.70.

Attachments

• 21.21.41.70 2021_JUN.pdf
    331.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 21.04.54.70 2021_JAN.pdf
    503.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hey,

anyone knows whats the newest firmware?
21.21.41.70 or 21.04.54.70?

I think 21.21.41.70 (JBL website) is from June/2021 and 21.04.54.70 is from January/2021.

Because in the firmware update manual you can see Januar 2021 and update 21.04.54.70 on the last page.
In the Harman customer friendly release notes you can see 21.21.41.70 from June/2021.
Look at the attached files please.

After I first connected the soundbar to the Wifi it says updating goes up to 40% and then it stops. Is this normal?
Also no error or done notification.

When I look for the software update (holding "-" and "Source") it says 21.04.54.70.
When I first connected my soundbar to the internet it did take a while to do the update. It then restarted and took time to finally come on. How are you connecting to the internet?

When I first connected my soundbar to the internet it did take a while to do the update. It then restarted and took time to finally come on. How are you connecting to the internet?

Connected over AirPlay to Wifi.

What is your software version?
Holding "Source" and "-" on the soundbar for about 5-10 seconds.

Did your soundbar show "Done" after udpating?

Connected over AirPlay to Wifi.

What is your software version?
Holding "Source" and "-" on the soundbar for about 5-10 seconds.

Did your soundbar show "Done" after udpating?
I used Google Home app to connect and my firmware is 21.21.41.70. I think it did say done when it finished though can't be 100% sure. I left it updating and then the screen went blank so I turned it on and it worked from what I recall. I can see the current firmware in the Google Home app.

I used Google Home app to connect and my firmware is 21.21.41.70. I think it did say done when it finished though can't be 100% sure. I left it updating and then the screen went blank so I turned it on and it worked from what I recall. I can see the current firmware in the Google Home app.

Okay you've proofed my assumption that the 21.21.41.70 is newer like the 21.04.54.70

So today I will update with USB Stick.
Over Airplay it only updates to 21.04.54.70.

I will tell you later :)

UPDATE:

Today I turned on the box after work and now it is on 21.21.41.70 over Wi-Fi. So it is the latest 😃

Last edited:
What does night mode do?
Did not hear any difference with toggled on and off when watching movies. 😟

What does night mode do?
Did not hear any difference with toggled on and off when watching movies. 😟
In theory it's meant to level out the difference between loud and quieter noises so you don't suddenly get a loud boom or sound of an explosion etc. It's not listed as an official feature though so not sure if it works in practice. Only way to check would be to play the same part of a film with it on then off to test it.

Did you tested it?

Yes the voices could be a little bit louder. But the soundbar has no voice enhancer. Otherwise the sound is perfect! 😃

If you disable smart mode, Dolby atmos is unsupported. Did you know that?

Best Richie

Did you tested it?

Yes the voices could be a little bit louder. But the soundbar has no voice enhancer. Otherwise the sound is perfect! 😃

If you disable smart mode, Dolby atmos is unsupported. Did you know that?

Best Richie
I did, though only by trying it out. I keep mine as standard pretty much all the time and it works well. Not tested night mode though will at some point.

You
I did, though only by trying it out. I keep mine as standard pretty much all the time and it works well. Not tested night mode though will at some point.

You mean you keep the soundbar on smart disabled without atmos or do you mean you keep smart mode enabled with atmos?

You

You mean you keep the soundbar on smart disabled without atmos or do you mean you keep smart mode enabled with atmos?
I keep mine smart and atmos on. If you disable them and then turn the soundbar off they turn back on automatically next time it turns on anyway. I prefer the sound with them on.

Okay you've proofed my assumption that the 21.21.41.70 is newer like the 21.04.54.70

So today I will update with USB Stick.
Over Airplay it only updates to 21.04.54.70.

I will tell you later :)

UPDATE:

Today I turned on the box after work and now it is on 21.21.41.70 over Wi-Fi. So it is the latest 😃
That's good! Had you kept it turned off on purpose? Be interesting to see if it resolves your issues!

I have found out that TV output is louder than AirPlay or Bluetooth. When I listen to music over TV Spotify it is louder than listen to Spotify over Bluetooth or Airplay.

Anyone can confirm?

It was updated on the next day from itself. I don’t know 😅
Only connected to WiFi.
I wonder if powering it off somehow reset it and forced the wifi update? All good though whatever! You'll have to let us know how you get on with it now.

I have found out that TV output is louder than AirPlay or Bluetooth. When I listen to music over TV Spotify it is louder than listen to Spotify over Bluetooth or Airplay.

Anyone can confirm?
It will all depend on the output. You will notice differences in volume depending on the source. It's down to how the audio is processed and is normal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom