Jazz Monkey's living room set up

Interested too hear your thoughts on sony native 4k vs the Epson 9300..still have any screen shots from when you had the 300?

Interested too hear your thoughts on sony native 4k vs the Epson 9300..still have any screen shots from when you had the 300?

Didn't take many but wasn't impressed.

Oh right,because i was thinking of a preowend 4k sony as my next upgrade,but if you that have had both that allready and now the 9300 reckon thats better,than maybe that's what i should get instead..
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like with the sony that the Epson does better?
Really appreciate your input

Oh right,because i was thinking of a preowend 4k sony as my next upgrade,but if you that have had both that allready and now the 9300 reckon thats better,than maybe that's what i should get instead..
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like with the sony that the Epson does better?
Really appreciate your input

The Sony was faulty as the alignment was well out and couldn't be fixed. The general brightness/sharpness wasn't great. I didn't have a native 4K player at the time but the Epson is a bargain and don't think twice. Use a forum sponsor and enjoy the best PJ for the money.

Quick screenshot from HW40 and VW300 (VW300 datk shots). Will take some 9300 when I am home tomorrow.
VW300 not as bright and doesn't look great. Will take some 9300 shots tomorrow.
IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

Last edited:
The Sony was faulty as the alignment was well out and couldn't be fixed. The general brightness/sharpness wasn't great. I didn't have a native 4K player at the time but the Epson is a bargain and don't think twice. Use a forum sponsor and enjoy the best
PJ for the money.

Ok,thanks mate,thats probably what ill end up doing sometime towards summer time

Keep enjoying your setup and looking forward to some more screenshots with 4k/hdr stuff

Cheers

wow! Both hose pictures are so different crazy!

Currently enjoying the Epson 9300, stunning out of the box although HDR doesn't seem the same with different movies.

How much were your Origin Acoustics D64s? Can't see them on Jag's site and nowhere else seems to be publishing the price (so I assume it's high!)

How much were your Origin Acoustics D64s? Can't see them on Jag's site and nowhere else seems to be publishing the price (so I assume it's high!)

I think around £1000 for 4

Thanks! Might be a bit out of price range if I go in-ceiling

Thanks! Might be a bit out of price range if I go in-ceiling

There are cheaper ones by Origin audio. Speak to Jag as he is very helpful.

Latest update is I am getting ride of the projector and screen and going for 75” QLED. I don’t spend as much time at home at the weekends so wanted something bigger than the OLED and 75” seems a good size for the money. I’m hoping its good as the OLED is still going strong.
55DFD4EE-0EC2-4B44-AB5D-A9B06DBD0C4E.jpeg

Often though of it and especially now when bigger TV's are becoming more mainstream. I have a 55" in the bedroom and a 130" projector in the sitting room. I can see the project getting replaced in the next few years by a 85"-100" TV.
With HDR projectors cant match a TV especially if it isn’t a bat cave, I looked at the 82” but the 85” is the best value and maybe a bigger one once 8k is mainstream.

TV coming today so removal of old wires and some MDF to bring the wall out for the flat mount.
A159D26C-8464-4FCE-A7F4-E90BC0524F42.jpeg

Dewault envy...

Bracket up and cables sorted out as it uses a one connect box.
delivery in the next hour so hopefully the measurements are good
07DBFD61-8822-49A1-80DF-426FD08DE6D7.jpeg
🤔

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom