Jazz Monkey's living room set up

Richie1967

Novice Member
Very nice setup, like what you have done with the room, it realy looks excellent.:thumbsup:. Nice job with the screen comming out of the ceiling also, cool !!

Greetz Richie

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys. I went to see a JVC X3 yesterday and it looks like that might be my next purchase but it would be wise to wait for the next gen of 3D projectors as I still think you need more than 1300 lumens for 3D with the current glasses.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Got a new projector this week, a Panasonic AE2000. A big improvement over the Z4, brighter, more contrast, more detailed etc.
I have a AE3000 coming next week and getting it calibrated after 100 hours so looking forward to that as it should be an improvement over the 2000 and it has a 21:9 memory function which I really need with my screen, I will try to get the same pic as above to try and get a comparison.
Overall very happy with my current set up and don't mind waiting for the 2nd gen of 3D projectors.

Ambient Fish

Looks good to me Jazz, do you just use the PJ for movies or do you game on it too?

Last edited:

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Looks good to me Jazz, do you just use the PJ for movies or do you game on it too?
Mainly for movies and some TV (true blood, etc)
Not been on xbox live for around 2 years, I might have a go on it sometime. :)

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
A couple of pics to compare above (AE2000):

Sanyo Z4

Panasonic AE2000

Close up

Sanyo Z4

Panasonic AE2000

JVC X30

Happy feet
by Jazz Monkey Jr, on Flickr
X70 calibrated
Untitled by Jazz Monkey Jr, on Flickr
Sanyo Z4

Panasonic AE2000

Last edited:

Ambient Fish

Thanks Jazz, I have a feeling that gaming would be a blast on your set up dude

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Thanks Jazz, I have a feeling that gaming would be a blast on your set up dude
Kids and working shift doesn't leave much spare time :(
I bought COD:MW 2 to try and make an effort and went on it about 5 times in the last 18 months.
I do use the xbox, just got kinect and watch Zune movies on it at 1080p.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
How do you find the screen now that you've updated the projector? Does it make the screen seem better as before you didn't seem too sure about it. Reason I ask is that I'm interested in upgrading to the same screen and the Panny AE4000 for my new extension. New set-up looks great by the way !!

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
How do you find the screen now that you've updated the projector? Does it make the screen seem better as before you didn't seem too sure about it. Reason I ask is that I'm interested in upgrading to the same screen and the Panny AE4000 for my new extension. New set-up looks great by the way !!
The ae3000 is being delivered today but the ae2000 was a good upgrade from the Z4. The screen looks fine, the projector upgrade makes much more difference than a screen upgrade so that will probably be next year as it looks great to me and my room isn't ideal so will have to research but will probably go for a Beamax electric one.
I am very happy at the moment as the Sanyo struggled on brightness running CinemaScope but the ae2000 was fine so the ae3000 with new lamp should look awesome. Will keep you posted and put up some new screen shots.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
No more sitting on the coffee table to watch telly then Mal ? :D
Definitely not, I only did it once and it didn't help my performance :(
You still on COD?

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
The ae3000 is being delivered today but the ae2000 was a good upgrade from the Z4. The screen looks fine, the projector upgrade makes much more difference than a screen upgrade so that will probably be next year as it looks great to me and my room isn't ideal so will have to research but will probably go for a Beamax electric one.
I am very happy at the moment as the Sanyo struggled on brightness running CinemaScope but the ae2000 was fine so the ae3000 with new lamp should look awesome. Will keep you posted and put up some new screen shots.
Good to hear you are pleased. If the screenshots are anything to go by the AE2000 looks a great improvement so no doubt the AE3000 will be even better again !! Hopefully I can sneak a new screen & PJ into the extension budget unnoticed !!!

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Good to hear you are pleased. If the screenshots are anything to go by the AE2000 looks a great improvement so no doubt the AE3000 will be even better again !! Hopefully I can sneak a new screen & PJ into the extension budget unnoticed !!!
Put it on today, Star Wars but didn't look much different but there was lots of light in the room.
On nights so will have a play on Sunday night if I get time as I am going on hols on Monday. Need to get 100 hours on it for a full ISF.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
I had a quick watch Sunday night, it looks very good so far, I can't see much difference between the 2000 and 3000, probably a small improvement, will try and get some pics to compare. I like the zoom function, makes life a lot easier for a 21:9 screen.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Then you have reached the point where the room conditions are now the important upgrade. :smashin: Which is comforting.
Screen first. I have just bought a Sony blu-ray player today, as the Panasonic takes ages to boot up, and the Sony let's you stream and watch love film.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Best TVs of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Top Bottom