1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaws:The Revenege - Different Endings?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Indiana Jones, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,914
    I know its not the best film in the world but I have been checking up on it and it seems that there are 2 or more versions of the film available and I was wondering if anyone knew which version is the one on DVD?

I used to have this film on video and it had the ending with the Jamacian guy getting eaten by the shark and then having the boat impale the shark but after checking on IMDB it seems there was a different version with an ending where the shark exploded and with the Jamacian guy surviving. I have never seen this version and before I buy the film on DVD I want to make sure I know what version I am getting.

2. elicash73

elicash73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Wow thats weird. Ive always seen the one with Mario Van Peebles surviving at the end. Id like to see the shark impaled by the boat.

3. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    As far as I'm aware the UK DVD (and the version shown on Sky) have the shark exploding (although why is anyones guess :rotfl: ) and Mario Van Peebles surviving despite his massive boday trauma injuries.

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    this is the end of the UK dvd

shark eats plane
    [​IMG]

shark eats Mario
    [​IMG]

shark gets impaled, front of boat breaks off
    [​IMG]

Does this look like a model?
    [​IMG]

shark explodes
    [​IMG]

Boat sinks
    [​IMG]

Mario survives after all
    [​IMG]

5. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    HAHA! Just had to reply because thats quite funny. How did he get out of the sharks mouth??!! Havn't seen that film in years. It seems very silly. :hiya:

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    from what i remember, the shark didnt explode, it just sort of hung there on the ship. why the hell would it explode from having its head impaled? no don't answer that, this film belies explanation really doesn't it? at least i've figured out why jaws roars when he jumps out of the water.. surely he's a tiger shark? ;)

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,914
    Think I will avoid buying it on DVD then, the more I read about that ending the more it sucks, they should have kept the originally ending where it just gets impaled and sinks to the bottom taking the boat with it.

Anyone know if the original R1 DVD release from back in 1999, the one which said 'includes footage not seen in the cinema' has the correct ending as that version has been deleted for some time.

8. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Lets hope they make another Jaws film, but this time Spielberg is in the directors chair again, and also with todays technology the shark would be more realistic, like in Deep Blue Sea.

The sharks in 3 + 4 were terrible, looked more like cardboard.

:lesson: Michael Caine - What were you thinking!!

Damo :)

9. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +853
    Michael Caine's been quite widely quoted as saying he did it for the cash to build his new swimming pool. Respect. :rotfl:

I'm sure I've never seen the shark explode before but I've seen several different versions of it, the worst being the 5pm showing of a cut tv version where all the blood got removed, so when the first death happens the mouth just sort of comes out of the water and the very next shot is of the bow of the boat disappearing under the water :rolleyes: Mario just kind of disappeared in that version (probably something he does at home too when they show this feast of crap on cable :D )

10. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,914
    For along time the only copy I had of this film was a pre-watershed VHS recording where most if not all the gore was missing. In fact it wasent until a year or so ago I actually got to see the full uncut version, I was searching through the channels at around 11pm and came across the film on BBC1 and it had all the gore intact along with the original shark getting impaled and jake staying dead ending, should have recorded it :(

11. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +853
    Jake survived in the version I saw at the cinema when it was released originally. I thought he only died in the tv version so they didn't have to show him with some blood on his t-shirt.

12. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,914
    I found this on a website...

So I guess that when it came to releases it over here they decided to go for the more friendly ending even though it doesnt make much sense.

13. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    The BBC often show the "original" version where Peebles dies and the shark does the impaled-growly-hangy-non-explodey thing...