Jaws - The Barrel.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a very very special couple who where heavily involved in the production of Jaws, I have managed to acquire this production used barrel. This barrel is more than 35 years old and was one of several barrels used in the production of the movie. All the barrels used in the production started off black like this one and a handful where painted yellow for screen use in the hunt for the shark involving the Orca/Orca II.

This barrel would have, along with the rest, been used under the Shark cages/cradles so the sharks could be towed out to sea for the next shoot.

This barrel is going to get the yellow paint and rope treatment soon. Look out for more updates & thank you again to that special couple whom my wife and I where very lucky to meet on Martha's Vineyard back in 2009.

Notice the left hand side of the first picture. :)

189679_173349186048543_114311395285656_435327_8356885_n.jpg

IMG_7976-1.jpg

IMG_7982.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

Very nice indeed, Bet they had a field day with that at customs :laugh:

Very nice indeed, Bet they had a field day with that at customs :laugh:

Lol, its taken 10 days to arrive. I was a bit worried about the customs bit :D

Looking forward to the pics (of the barrel, Not the party) ;)

Just a quick update as to what the rope looks like, pre weathered. I just need a clear day to do the spray paint and weather the rope. Cant wait to get this finished.

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

Right Guys, been hard at it today. Hope you enjoy the update.

Preparing.

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Weathering the rope.

IMG_0617.jpg

Slowly comes together.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Going to let it hard dry for 24hrs then start chipping into the paint with a scraper to add that used beat up feel to it.

Its done, really really happy with this. Along with the section of the Orca II I own this is Holy Grail stuff for me. For anyone interested, I hope you have enjoyed all the photos and updates. :thumbsup:

IMG_0649-1.jpg

IMG_0650-1.jpg

IMG_0651-1.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Very Cool! have you decided how you're gonna display it yet?

Cheers Viper, it's next to my seats in the cinema room, just the right height for a Jaws drinks Matt with a beer on top. :D

Excellent :smashin: bravo for doing the work yourself, it's a one of a kind piece.

"He cant stay down with three barrels on him, not with three barrels he cant" :smashin:

Beer Stand. Quality.:thumbsup:

Love the Jaws coaster too. Would go nice with my Jaws mug.:D Any idea on where to get one?

Thats mint! I'd love that, great project!

Thanks mate, it was great fun doing this. I have had a few people say that it should have been left black as it was iconic in its self with it being a genuine Jaws production item. In my mind I have the best of both worlds in this item as its iconic in both ways now, in what it is under the paint job and what it represents now. Anyway, I'll leave the other one I have black then :D.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom