1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaws dialogue missing ??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MacReady, Jan 28, 2001.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched Jaws (R1 DTS) and remembred something I was going to post about a while ago.

When they are in the autopsy room looking at the remains of the girl and Richard Dreyfuss says something like " this is what happens"...is there some dislogue missing there as it seems very dis-jointed and I seem to remember him carrying on that sentence?

I am not sure if this has been asked before so if it has I appologise, but it is really annoying me now as to wether I am imagining himsaying something else.

Can anyone help??

------------------
    "I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"

2. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jaws was one of my favourite films when I was growing up and I've lost count of the times I've watched it. I first had it on VHS after taping it from ITV years ago and I always thought that ITV had cut some dialogue for whatever reason, it was only when I bought the R2 DVD that I noticed it was exactly the same and I agree it does seem to be a very odd piece of editing. I would love for someone to answer this for you as it always bugged me every time I saw it. Sorry I'm not the one to solve the mystery!

Jay

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to know I am not the only one who seems to think there is something 'missing' here.

Doesn't anyone have any info about this as, like Jay, it is really bugging me.

------------------
    "I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"