JAWS 30th Ann ED.

CrazyHorse

Well-known Member
I'm sure if there's an opportunity to make more money from a title, then Universal will jump at it! :rolleyes:

Saying that I'd double dip on this if they restored the documentary to its full two hour length.
 
didnt we have an anniv ed a few years ago!!!
cracking set!!!
 

Indiana Jones

Moderator
jelly said:
didnt we have an anniv ed a few years ago!!!
cracking set!!!
Back in 2000 we had a 25th Anniversary release so this year will be the 30th Anniversary so another release is to be expected.
 

purplefoot

Standard Member
I'll buy it again if they put the original mono track on it. Found all the new foley on the DD track very distracting.
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Hay Purplefoot i agree with you on the DD/DTS issue.
Be nice to have a choice of the Mono or DD/DTS version this time without the added sound effects.

:mad: i mean what where they thinking of changeing the whale cry, i use my Sig collection LD version when i want to watch Jaws now rather than the DVD version for the whale cry alone, Mega Goose bumps :)
 

CrispyXUK

Well-known Member
Never noticed any added sound on the dvd
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Never noticed any added sound on the dvd
Listen to things like, When Brody is stepping backwards into the Orca after seeing the shark (chum some of this ****) and you can hear the lamp squeeking in the cabin, also when hooper goes down into the cage you can hear the Orca creaking above. These sounds are not on the Mono sound track but are welcome extras. But when things get taken out like most of the creaks and growns of the Orca slowly sinking, thats not on :mad:
 
on my version when hoopers doing the autopsy on the first victim when he holds the arm up i hear "this is what happens " then it cuts to hooper and it wasnt him speaking!!!! anyone else heard this?????
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
on my version when hoopers doing the autopsy on the first victim when he holds the arm up i hear "this is what happens " then it cuts to hooper and it wasnt him speaking!!!! anyone else heard this?????
Hay friend.

This is something thats been kicking around on the Jawsmovie.com forums for ages.

It seems that a cut was made at the last min to get a PG13 rateing for a world wide release, however rumor after rumor kicks around re this as in the US TV version when some of the extra scenes are put in there is never anything put back in to make sense of this cut. It is hoopers voice, just sounds wierd due to the dub. :)
 

saibot

Novice Member
any-one know if the mentioned deleted scenes then are branched back into the movie. Or are they on a seperate seciont like they were on the 25th anniv. edition...
 

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Mr Quint said:
Hay friend.

This is something thats been kicking around on the Jawsmovie.com forums for ages.

It seems that a cut was made at the last min to get a PG13 rateing for a world wide release, however rumor after rumor kicks around re this as in the US TV version when some of the extra scenes are put in there is never anything put back in to make sense of this cut. It is hoopers voice, just sounds wierd due to the dub. :)
isn't this a cut that was made to the theatrical re-release in the 70's? (remember those, in the days before home video?) The actual line being "this is what happens when you go swimming". They changed the line because of the impact the film had on coastal holiday resorts or something daft like that. That's what I read in a book somewhere anyway. May or may not be true.

The PG 13 rating didn't appear in the US until the 80's (wasn't it for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?)
 

Indiana Jones

Moderator
donnachaoc said:
any-one know if the mentioned deleted scenes then are branched back into the movie. Or are they on a seperate seciont like they were on the 25th anniv. edition...
All the extra features are included on the bonus disc so no way they can be branched back into the film.
 
C

cute&dangerous

Guest
I hate jaws it scared me sum wot rotten i hid under my duvet
 

shodan

Distinguished Member
Mr Quint said:
Hay Purplefoot i agree with you on the DD/DTS issue.
Be nice to have a choice of the Mono or DD/DTS version this time without the added sound effects.

:mad: i mean what where they thinking of changeing the whale cry, i use my Sig collection LD version when i want to watch Jaws now rather than the DVD version for the whale cry alone, Mega Goose bumps :)

What whale cry? I always preffered Orca The Killer Whale anyway...
 

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
What whale cry?
After Shaws stunning speech in the cabin of the Orca, you here a Whale cry in the background.

Brody says "What was that", Hooper "A whale".....Quint starts singing.

The original Mono mix version of the Whale cry is IMO very very chilling :eek: , the 25 Ann 5.1 mix Killed it :mad:
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom