java question process of elimination help

L

lisa burrell

sure i know its like watching paint dry but i quite like a visit to the Panama canal site to watch the web cams. since i had vista the actual web cam do not refresh anymore just on this site. Links at bottom. Wondering if someone would do me a kindness follow the Panama canal link and tell me dose it refresh on your Vista.

Sites Interesting, ships move about tugs go in and out locks open close, cam changes its view couple of times a day. But none of that is happening now on my system. But my java seems to work on the second link i supplied again time lapse of the workings of the canal over a 24 hour period.

Link live cameras http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

link two this is very good friends i sent this two have enjoyed this to.

http://winkeo.squarespace.com/journ...al-made-from-the-webcam-over-there-video.html

Thanks

[email protected]~~

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
You're right, the Pancanal one doesn't update. I looked at the first cam, and never got a new picture even if I pressed F5/refresh. When I looked at the other cams I got an up-to-date picture (from the timestamp) but no updates after that.

Whether the problem is in Java, IE7 or Vista, who knows!

Also, if you're watching this at 2.45 in the morning you need to get a life :D

Have you tried to uninstall java completely and then reinstall it fresh. I would say its a java problem rather than vista or ie7. :smashin:

L

lisa burrell

Also, if you're watching this at 2.45 in the morning you need to get a life

Stiggy Im going to have to come and slap your leg with my feather duster cheeky :)

Have you tried to uninstall java completely and then reinstall it fresh. I would say its a java problem rather than vista or ie7.

Mr moderator .. Yes formated my hard drive reinstalled vista which was so easy and quick. brilliant ... got rid of all the Dell paraphernalia my email has no problems now none of the freezing My UAC is now fine the only niggle is yes this Java Knowing so little about this application i still do not know if its the site i am visiting or my computer. Least Stiggy there found the same problem so. we still do not know if its our systems do we come on guys click that link see if its Vista My XP run on there so smooth.

Whoops have not done the silly bit.. My java version 1.6 Sun tested it said it was working and the latest version

So where we headed now. Please:)

[email protected]~~

Happy easter everyone

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom