1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason goes to hell & Jason X R1 SE's

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by captaineyecatch, Jul 16, 2002.

1. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Heres the info on these to movies. Info is from www.horrordvds.com.
    :D Great news i cant wait for these.

Jason X: Platinum Series DVD, October 8, 2002, $26.98 MSRP

The Platinum Series DVD features a widescreen version of the film, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, DTS Surround Sound, Stereo Surround Sound, the theatrical trailer and animated menus. The DVD also includes filmmaker commentary with Director Jim Isaac, Writer Todd Farmer and Producer Noel Cunningham and two original documentaries: The Many Lives of Jason Voorhees, a documentary on the history of Jason and By Any Means Necessary: The Making of Jason X, a making of/production documentary. "Jump to a Death" feature with Random Kill and Kill All buttons including a menu selection of death scenes from the movie along with 5.1 surround sound trailers from other selected horror titles available from New Line Home Entertainment. The DVD-ROM content includes the "Script-to-Screen" screenplay feature as well as the original website.

Jason Goes to Hell: DVD, October 8, 2002, $19.98 MSRP

The DVD will feature widescreen and fullscreen versions of both the rated and unrated versions the film, along with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo Surround Sound. The DVD will include audio commentary with Director Adam Marcus and screenwriter Dean Lorey, the "Jump to a Death" feature with R-Rated and Unrated options, animated menus, English subtitles, closed captions and the original theatrical trailer.

2. Dittohead

Dittohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one! Saw the trailer for Jason X on tv last night. Can't wait for that one. We've been far too long without a Jason flick! :) :)

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    How the hell are they going to resurrect him this time I thought the last one was the final.(I know they were a finals but I thought that was the one to end them all). Or are they going to ignore what has gone before like the last one.

4. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seen it lads and its pretty good, he even gets a make over and looks ****in dangerous then, saw the dvd at a computer fair sunday as well. ;)

5. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone know if Friday 13th Part 6 was ever released on DVD??? thats my fave :)

Dave

6. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +860
    The Friday 13th series died on its feet back around part 3 with all its corny 3D effects.
    Unfortunately, despite giving these two SE treatment, you simply cannot polish a turd. Jason X is just plain bad.

You'll probably be happy to hear they've finally given the Jason vs Freddy movie the go-ahead. New Line are only looking to spin some more money out of both franchises off the back of Jason X's success though.

Give me Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses any day.

7. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Give me Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses any day."

Supposedly October for a Halloween season opening... but we'll just have to see. I'd put money on it being straight to DVD/VHS here.

As for Jason X, Resident Evil et al, it infuriates me beyond belief that they are cut by the studios to ensure a 15 certificate. Anyone over 14 can easily get into an 18 rated film so why on earth do they do it? With even the BBFC getting a little more lenient these days, I think these films should be pushing limits not staying well within them...

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    I preferred 7 the one with Lara Park Lincon? the one with the psychic powers.
    Jason takes Manhattan had to be the worst though.

9. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I saw the TV ad for this film last night. How can a Jason Film be a 15 cert does anyone get killed in it by Jason. He used to be pretty messy with his victims. I must admit the last one I saw was Friday 13th part 2 which was fairly strong for a mainstream film of it's time. I agree with Juboy how can studios turn out films like this without upping the content. That is what made them popular in the first place. I know the idea is to get bums on seats but this is a slasher film, not the Others, The Devils Backbone or another psychological horror.

I don't watch many Horror films any more. I used to when I was younger, and I know what I like from them. I don't get that anymore from those that are being made now. When you used to rent or go to the cinema to see a horror film you wanted to be shocked by the effects or impressed by the realism of them. They used to satisfy the ghoul in us all for seeing carnage. I know I would rather see make believe gore than rubber neck at the scene of an accident to get my kicks like a lot of people do.

What made the first Blade film so popular was not only it's styling and cool main characters/music etc but it's level of violence which would be unacceptable under an 18 rating. It was the first film for a long time to be so full on that I can remember.

I know the BBFC lets more extreme content through at lower ratings nowadays but just how much can a 15 let through. Poltergeist was an X cert for crying out loud at the time it was released.

Mind you I took my dad with me so I could get in when I was fifteen.:D

10. Dittohead

Dittohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah its out on R1 and R2, pretty sure Play stock it. I wish they would give The Friday movies the Nightmare On Elm Street treatment and release a re-mastered box set of all the movies in 5.1

The first one is in mono and the rest are stereo right up until part 7 I think.

Maybe they will after Jason X is relesed. :)