• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

jase, whats the comparable verdict on xe1 audio

talkinloud

just curious to know what hd audio is like in comparison to bog standard dd-dts etc. cheers.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Dolby TrueHD is more dynamic but you need to have the overall volume level up much higher. Tend to watch HD stuff at around -10db whereas standard DVD's are watched at around -20db.

Using different source players for HD vs SD as well as a different connection type. HD is from the Tosh XE-1 via HDMI and SD is from a Denon A1XVA via Denon Link. I need to get them both running the same film and then level matched so I can switch back and forth on the fly but HD is not the massive leap that I expected, apart from the dynamics. Could be the fact that the Denon is superb for SD playback and Denon Link is a better connection interface than HDMI (certainly in terms of Jitter).

Hope Denon can pass HD Audio via Denon Link on their HD-DVD/Blu Ray players, if and when they appear.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom