1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jarre PJ Test Disc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PJTX100, Jun 27, 2005.

1. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I would recommend the recently released Jean Michel Jarre in China DVD as a PJ test disc for 2 reasons.
    1. It was filmed in hi def. I know the DVD downscales this, but the PQ is quite simply awesome - the best live concert picture quality I've ever seen, PQ is up there with I Robot, Day After Tomorrow etc. I was gobsmacked.
    2. Last track on disc one features the laser harp. If you wanna see the PJ struggle, watch this! I was seeing things I've never seen my PJ do as it tried to keep up with the rapidly flickering laser lines - even saw "chess board" effect briefly. Must say when I watched it on normal TV it wasn't all plain sailing. Will try it on my 745 whan I get the chance - should be interesting!

Top top DVD though...PJ :thumbsup:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    The 745 via DVI handled the lasers much more cleanly than the 575, in fact I wouldn't have noticed anything strange had I just been watching them on the 745. First section I've found where the 745 actually outperforms the 575.

...PJ :thumbsup:

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The concert is shot in hi-def - I wonder if I can get the hi-def version :rolleyes:

4. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm sure I've seen it 'available' somewhere in hi-def, so yes you should be able to get a copy.

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you could hint/pm where would be grateful! :hiya: