Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Jarre PJ Test Disc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PJTX100, Jun 27, 2005.

1. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I would recommend the recently released Jean Michel Jarre in China DVD as a PJ test disc for 2 reasons.
    1. It was filmed in hi def. I know the DVD downscales this, but the PQ is quite simply awesome - the best live concert picture quality I've ever seen, PQ is up there with I Robot, Day After Tomorrow etc. I was gobsmacked.
    2. Last track on disc one features the laser harp. If you wanna see the PJ struggle, watch this! I was seeing things I've never seen my PJ do as it tried to keep up with the rapidly flickering laser lines - even saw "chess board" effect briefly. Must say when I watched it on normal TV it wasn't all plain sailing. Will try it on my 745 whan I get the chance - should be interesting!

Top top DVD though...PJ :thumbsup:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    The 745 via DVI handled the lasers much more cleanly than the 575, in fact I wouldn't have noticed anything strange had I just been watching them on the 745. First section I've found where the 745 actually outperforms the 575.

...PJ :thumbsup:

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The concert is shot in hi-def - I wonder if I can get the hi-def version :rolleyes:

4. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm sure I've seen it 'available' somewhere in hi-def, so yes you should be able to get a copy.

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you could hint/pm where would be grateful! :hiya: