Japanese Xbox anyone ?

S

shabbyroad

I'm not offering this for sale because I've not got it yet...

My buddy is in Tokyo and has offered to get me a Japanese Xbox (he owes me a little favour....my airmiles flew him there !).

I personally wouldn't be interested in it but if I thought I could sell it on I'd take it.

Anyone at all interested in a Japanese Xbox....and if so....why ?

[He's there until the weekend so I need to let him know by then]

Shabby.

Only advantages I can think of of owning a Japanese Xbox is that it won't have any timing issues with any games due to the PAL and NTSC format. Many people however have modified a PAL Xbox and turned it into an NTSC one so really it isn't an advantage at all ::shrugs::

Unless its the limited editon Xbox (think it had a clear shell) then I don't think too many would like a Japanese Xbox more than... Say a Japanese PS2 (Even with a modded PAL PS2 timing issues still remain). Also for your mate to send it over here it'll cost a bomb to send, then to deal with customs... >_<

Ask him to send over some animés instead <WG> ^_^ I'm off to Japan in the summer of 2004 myself. Can't wait.

If he can get his hands on one of those funky Panzer Dragoon limited edition boxes, then you shouldn't have too much trouble making money selling that one on eBay.

thanks for the replies - he's bringing it back with him (his concept of luggage is a suitcase full of goodies). I think I'll get him to find a few DVDs for me (there seems to be a lot of good music DVDs available in Japan & far east only)

Someone else PM'd me and explained that some real hard core gamers prefer Japanese consoles.

Loads of good music stuff in Japan... That is if you're on about JPOP and the like or Videogame music o_O

Most gamers do like the Japanese console more but since the Xbox can be modified so easily, the advantage is lost. Been eying up a Japanese PS2 but the prices are still high so it looks like it'll have to wait.

I dont think a Japanese Xbox is really classed as hardcore..;) and I should know cos I have one..

lol True I suppose but if one did own a Japanese HiSaturn it would probably be deemed as "hardcore" ^_^ Just wish I could understand Japanese now...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom