• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Japanese Wii change to English?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
hi

i have a japanese wii with a wiikey thats was installed about 2 yrs ago (if thats relevant). just wondered if theres any way of changing the menu languages to english?!

Yes you can, but all the letter r's will be changed to l's and vice versa.

A bit niggling but it is playable like that.

Mics49

Established Member
no kidding - had a Japanese origin software at work and it said "Crick here!"

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
hi

i have a japanese wii with a wiikey thats was installed about 2 yrs ago (if thats relevant). just wondered if theres any way of changing the menu languages to english?!

Click on the circle on the bottom left side (will be the Wii system menu)
Click on the box to the right (will be settings)
Click next twice and get to the last page
Click the first box on the top (I think this is language settings)

Click each one and see if one of them is english. Hopefully one will work for you :)

m4tty1

Established Member
You can completely change the region/language etc but it's a bit more work than just changing a setting.

You need to run a region changer program via homebrew.

Bit of a pain but this results in a 100% Pal UK machine

Laubi02

Distinguished Member
You can completely change the region/language etc but it's a bit more work than just changing a setting.

You need to run a region changer program via homebrew.

Bit of a pain but this results in a 100% Pal UK machine

i havent got homebrew and it sounds complicated to get it. i have a wiikey so does homebrew really matter for me?!

m4tty1

Established Member
i havent got homebrew and it sounds complicated to get it. i have a wiikey so does homebrew really matter for me?!

Yes and no - if you are happy with a NTSC Wii that's text is in Chringrish then no.

If you wan't you console to work like a proper PAL UK machine then yes.

Regards

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
i dont really mind, i dont know to what extent we are allowed talk about it, but i just want to play all region roms! language is just a preference! :rolleyes:

Roms (aka downloaded iso's) are piracy.....hence we can't discuss that here.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom