1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Japanese PSP, Games & Movie BUNDLES**

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by drunkinmonkey, Jun 25, 2005.

1. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Japanese PSP BRAND NEW

[
    Why wait until Sept 1st (if, it doesn't get pushed back yet again)??? ​

You can purchase this amazing NEXT Generation Console right NOW It will be in your hands within 3-4 days upon purchase for your enjoyment. You can't get better than that!!!

The Japanese PSP, is the currently the BEST PSP on the market place. Due to the fact, that the LCD screen has been made by Sharp which has a much crisper picture & much less pixel issues.[US & yet to be released UK PSP are being made with Samsung screens]

A little more info on the PSP:
    PSP comes in black, with a 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD centered in a sleek ergonomic design with a high quality finish that fits comfortably in the hands.

- System plays Media from all Regions!
    - 16:9 Widescreen TFT LCD
    - Wi-Fi Wireless LAN
    - Universal Media Disc (UMD) Standard
    - Region Free and Japanese/English Menu
    - Import friendly AC Adapter that works worldwide(100-240V)

The Standard Packs comes with:
    - PSP Hardware
    - PSP AC Adapter (Works worldwide)
    - PSP Battery Pack

Value Packs comes with:
    -32mb Memory Stick Duo
    -Soft Protective Case
    -Headphones with remote control
    -Battery Pack
    -Wriststrap

SPECIAL BUNDLE OFFERS <just for you>
    All orders will recieve a FREE Screen Fliter (valued @ £10)

Value Pack Bundles
    - VP + 2 games + UK adapter + shipping @ £259
    - VP + 4 games + UK adapter + shipping @ £319

Standard Bundles
    - Standard + SanDisk 512mb + 1 games + UK adapter + shipping @ £249

- Standard + SanDisk 512mb + 2 games + UK adapter + shipping @ £279

The games that are available are:
    Mercury, Lumines, Tony Hawk, NFSU,Tiger Woods, FIFA, Ridge Racer & Twisted Metal

- UMDs Movies @ £30
    - 2 Movie Bundle @ £55

Movies are: Spiderman2, The Punisher, Once Upon Time in Mexico, Pirates of the Caribbean, Hell Boy

Special Deal
    ~ 10 Value Pack + shipping @ £1800
    ~ 10 Standard + shipping @ £1550

NO EXTRA Charges at all, the price you see is the price you pay!!!

If you would like to order one of these packages please post.

If you have any concerns or request please let me know.

I look forward to getting you a PSP soon!!!

Thanks!
    Have a great day !

Attached Files:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    How is this a power buy? :confused:

You can buy the stuff in this thread cheaper separately elsewhere!

3. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmm...i understand your thoughts & confusion

If you add the cost of shipping on all items sep. & the vat that you will pay...etc...you will not walk away with it cheaper at all...

these orders come all together, with 3-4days...
    no extra charges at all...they are taken care, on my end...

thats how it becomes cheaper in the long run...

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Dvdboxoffice.com have umd movies for about £11. You have them for £30.

The £11 includes free delivery.

5. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the post!

Ok i know about that site & all the other US & Canadian sites, that are selling UMDs. That people seem to think are cheaper, when converted to the pound.

To answer your question they are selling region 1 UMDs movies only. They will not be able to be played on the Japanese or UK PSP at all. They are only playable on the US PSP.

The Japanese PSP & the soon to be released UK PSP are coded to Region 2 UMDS only.

The Japanese PSP is the same product as the yet to be released UK PSP. So any thing that will be released in the UK will work fine on the Japanese console. The only difference, is the Japanese PSP is made with a better LCD screen by Sharp and has less issue regarding dead pixles. The US & UK PSP LCD screen is made by Samsung. The Samsung screen has been showing more pixel issues.

The UMDs movies are imported from Japan & shipped. There is no other way to get these movies.

I hope this answers your question or comment on pricing and how looks like you can obtain these UMDs for a better price.

Have a great day !

6. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry, but this is just wrong, and misleading to buyers.

7. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Correct me if i am wrong but arent power buys where forum members get together to buy things in bulk from wholesalers?

I think this should be in the classifieds

8. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only real difference between the Japanese PSP & yet to be released UK PSP are the LCD screens. Its not misleading, at all. Everything else is the same.

The difference between the Japanese PSP and the US PSP are the LCD screens and the Region coding one the UMDS.

Consumers in the states have reported more issues with the LCD screen than consumers in Japan. If you know about LCD screens, they are very fragile & you might get pixels issues and you might not. It doesn't matter what screen you have. I am not misleading anyone, i just stating what i have been told by my supplier.

Thanks for your post

9. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77

But then shouldn't you mention that users in Japan reported issues with the other aspects of the PSP? I.e. faulty buttons etc, and that a lot of the Japanese screens had dust under the perspex lens?

10. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have mentioned it if they were still issues with the buttons. Sony has fixed the problems with they buttons. The Japanese PSP has been out since Dec, so they have fixed several the issues that were coming up.

And to be honest, I haven't heard about the dust issues. i ask my supplier about that, He said that a select few systems did have problems with that but he hasnt heard about it again.

Regarding the PSP issues, I will test all PSP upon posting them out, as per request. I understand that console has had some issues and I personally haven't had or seen any of them with the number of PSP that i have sent out.

I appericate your comments, thanks for the post.

11. KevD

KevD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    YesAsia.com have the value pack at £160, standard at £149 and R2 UMD's for £22 ALL INC OF 5-7 Working Day Delivery AND VAT PAID THEIR END!
    Might explain lack of interest!
    Kevin

12. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Before you blast me...
    The Vat is nothing...but you will get charged the 17% + custom charge, now thats something...which all is taken care of on my end. so no extra charges, as i have stated...

On the 5-7 to shipping days....now they have express shipping which you have to pay extra for and per unit????
    on their site:
    Simply select "Standard Service" (with delivery times between 6 to 12 business days) as the shipping option during checkout to enjoy our free shipping offer.

FREE SHIPPING is 6-12 days & they take 1-2 days post...

i ship in 24 hours upon payment...and its at your door in 3-4 days...including sat postal service as i use EMS.

as they dont toss in the adapter for you...so you cannot charge it nor do you get a screen fliter,as its one of the most important items to have for your PSP.

So,if you again figure out all cost...and nonsense, i still come under.

I think, if you are just gonna look at price...than yeh they look cheaper but compare all....and its not, depends on the service you are looking for.

i can ship 5-7days as well but i feel that its not good enough service to do so. Which would lower the price a bit but the service is not as reliable as EMS.

thanks so much for your post

13. jigger_jay

jigger_jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    but its not a power buy, power buys are described as, buying in bulk to get forumites better deals.

14. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    but jigger, it isn't even a good deal! :rotfl:

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,848
    All PSP's are now manufactured with the same Samsung screens - only the first few batches of Japanese models had a sharp screen and I have one of those. I still have 2 or 3 dead pixels (not that these are a problem as you really have to look hard on a perfectly black screen to see them).

I guess your prices do seem rather pricey - I picked up a new Jap value pack with a game for £150 (£190 delivered), off ebay back in March - delivered in 2 working days and my postage costs were £40 from Hong Kong. Considering that games can be picked up for around £25 then the £260 price for a PSP VP and 2 games seems rather high.

I bought a screen protector from Lik Sang which was about a fiver.

There are definately people out there who want PSP's but perhaps your prices are currently putting people off (especially as in less than 2 months the UK value packs will be available for £179.99).

16. drunkinmonkey

drunkinmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cas, i understand your point..and thank you for your post...
    as i am in Japan right now trying to work out a better deal on somethings...but Sony has gotten very strict here with suppliers. Its pretty crazy.

I can offer a one game package with the PSP right now
    with 3-4 day shipping, a screen fliter, game of your choice and adapter for 229. with no extra charges at all !!! Ships out within less 24hours.

17. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    Sorry, but UK high street chain GAME are charging standard £180 for value pack. £30-£40 for a game. £6 for a screen cover + cloth. Thats for Sept Euro launch. And they are usually stingy.

There's "only" one 1/2 month to go. £230 doesn't seem attractive for something I don't really need to wait long for does it?

18. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    i have put a 20 quid deposit down at game , would rather save a bit of cash , have a easy g'tee and a 10 day return on games i dont like.