Japanese - Independence Day DTS!!

Got mine on order at amazon :)

Also carlitos way DTS is out soon along with scarface DTS and also the longest day DTS :)

Plus theres quite a few reduced reissues like Shakshank DTS for only 1500 yen..

Just search for DTS under movies on cdjapan to get most of the films..

matt

Ordered for review, should be here May.

R2 now has DTS. Bought in HMV today in 2 for £21 offer along with Fifth Element SE.

Jap version probably a waste of money as a result.

Originally posted by Matt Horne
Does it ? Is it a new release then ?

Matt

Seems to be. It's got a sneek peak at "Day after Tommorow" and is advertised on the cover as having:

"8 minutes restored footage (i.e the existing R1 cut) plus DTS audio and restored picture quality.

2 disc edition.

You do mean scarface and NOT independence day??If so,yes does come with a dts soundtrack.

No I mean Independence Day

Nice one CLH,i did not realise they were going to re-release this with the extended cut and dts!!!Just searched the net and it is coming out all over europe in may !!Must cancel the JAP version quick:blush:
Good job for these forums eh?:smashin:

If you pop into HMV you can get (if you haven't already) 2 for £21 on this. The other titles are:

Minority Report
Die Hard 1 and 2
Predator
Daredevil
ID4
Fifth Element
Fight Club
Xmen 1 and 2

I didn't see any more but the leaflet states that there are a number of other SE's such as

Sound of Music
Speed
Braveheart
Moulin Rouge
French Connection
The Abyss.

It might be worth seeing whether the Abyss is a re-release or new DTS release.

Original Theatrical Version

Special Edition Version, With 8 Minutes Of Restored Footage

Audio Commentary By Roland Emmerich And Dean Devlin

Audio Commentary By Oscar-winning Special Efects Supervisors Volker Engel and Doug Smith

Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic

Dolby Digital 5.1 / DTS

Languages - English

Subtitles - Czech, Danish, English for the hearing impaired, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish

Region 2/PAL/Colour

Running Time 139 Minutes (Standard Version)

Released today

Think I'll have to go to HMV now!

so, other than the dts track its the same as the R1 Five Star collection I got in 2000?

please say yes, I don't want to replace it a second time! unless TXH 1138 says the dts is far far far (far ....) superior to the DD5.1 I already have

check out hmv.co.uk

Loads in a fox BOGOF offer for £16.99.. I wonder if play etc will be doing this ?

Matt

It's such a turd of a Film tho. :thumbsdow I just don't know If I could own it just for the soundtrack. I've got some bad films that I like but this one is :censored:

£8.99 at play along with all the other fox films in the BOGOF offer.. so you do not need to buy 2...

Has the fith element SE already been reviewed.. any reason to get over the R1 superbit ?

cheers

Matt

Originally posted by graham.myers
so, other than the dts track its the same as the R1 Five Star collection I got in 2000?

please say yes, I don't want to replace it a second time! unless TXH 1138 says the dts is far far far (far ....) superior to the DD5.1 I already have

Cleaned up PQ apparently.

damm and blast! I hate being an addict :)

note that the play version doesn't list dts so seems to be the R2 verison of the R1 five star collection

Anything listed as being released in May 2004 should be the correct R2 version.

No idea why HMV are already selling though.

just checked hmv.co.uk. it lists at released on the 26th (ie today) and is available for pre-order only. plus all the £16.99 bogof SEs are listed as release today too. strange

guess a trip to bricks and mortor is in order

does anyone know if i was to cancel my order from cdjapan for independance day do they refund the card automatically or give store credit?
many thanks
paul

Update: picture quality is very good and colours very very vibrant.

Sound quality for DTS appears amazing. Had it on -60dB on my Denon 3803 and still thought I should turn it down.

Picked up a copy today, review coming in a few hours once I have watched it.

Matt,
Review of Fifth Element coming soon, a sneak preview of my picture assessment is stick with the superbit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom