• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Japanese Compact Cup

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
JAPANESE COMPACT CUP

Seeing as nothing is planned for this Friday I was wondering if anyone would be interested in another one night mini-championship similar to the Honda Type-R event I ran just before PSN went down.

The cars I'm looking to run are:

NISSAN March 12SR '07
SUZUKI Swift Sport '07
TOYOTA Vitz RS 1.5 '07

** all premium cars **

They will all be heavily upgraded and should be around the 200bhp/900kg mark. So not blisteringly quick but a nice gentle re-introduction to online racing, and these should provide close, fun racing.

The format will be similar to the Honda Type-R event, i.e. short, quick fire races and points scored.

I know a few can't make this Friday so if there's not enough interest I will do it some other time. If I can get at least 6 people then I will go ahead, and further details and car upgrades will be posted tomorrow.:smashin:

Last edited:

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Reserved for results.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Last session before hols, I'm there mate:thumbsup:

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Nice one. I want to try and get all the cars involved so you can either sort it out amongst yourselves or I will randomly assign them.:devil:

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Think I will go with the Vitz. I've still to do the beginner Vitz race on a-spec. Back in the days of scrimping for cash, I just refused to buy one out of principal!!

This will solve that problem:D

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Think I will go with the Vitz. I've still to do the beginner Vitz race on a-spec. Back in the days of scrimping for cash, I just refused to buy one out of principal!!

This will solve that problem:D

That was my inspiration for this event. I remember doing the Vitz race when I first started with GT5 and I had the car matched up to the AI cars and it was really competitive and great fun. A rare moment in GT5 single player.

I will post all the car mods tomorrow, but they will all be near enough maxed out.

** Reminder - these are all premium cars. **

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
I may drop the Honda CR-V seeing as it's one of these dang fangled hybrid cars.

It's a matter of principle.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
mattg said:
That could be the prize for the "lucky" winner :D

I've got no credits. So no prize.

Hard times.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
mattg said:
I have 15 mil so let me know what you need

Nothing really. It's not as if I play GT5 much.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
I've binned the Honda CR-Z. I'm going to use the Nissan March (micra) tomorrow.

Car upgrades and the circuit list will be posted later today.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
fun shift?

Not really. 12 hours of boredom.:boring:

Where is everyone? Surely there's more than 5 of us want to race tomorrow?:confused:

mattg

Prominent Member
I'm at work filling up the last 3 hours on a conf call watching servers reboot hoping my fix works!

Fun times!

have you got a spec for the swift or shall I just max it out? I'll be later tonight - 10ish as I'm banking some hours with the lady tonight ahead of tomorrow's zoom zooms.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Sorry lads, I'm going to cancel this due to a lack of interest.

Thanks to Seb, Matt, dazza and davebutton for showing an interest, but it's not worth the hassle of testing and organising this event for 5 people. Apologies.

I don't know what's up with this forum lately. After the PSN outage I would have thought a few more people would have been eager to get back to some racing. Oh well.:confused:

I will probably still be on tomorrow night for some casual races.

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Sorry lads, I'm going to cancel this due to a lack of interest.

Thanks to Seb, Matt, dazza and davebutton for showing an interest, but it's not worth the hassle of testing and organising this event for 5 people. Apologies.

I don't know what's up with this forum lately. After the PSN outage I would have thought a few more people would have been eager to get back to some racing. Oh well.:confused:

I will probably still be on tomorrow night for some casual races.

Maybe we could do a bit of FGT and perhaps GT1 champs testing tomorrow night?

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Maybe we could do a bit of FGT and perhaps GT1 champs testing tomorrow night?

Yeah if I'm on tomorrow we can do that.:smashin:

mattg

Prominent Member
I'm on tomorrow rain it shine

Sent from my HTC Desire using AVForums

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom