• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Jap and US Ds Games

Ruby Eyed Owl

Novice Member
yes, Ds is region free

samwiseadams

Novice Member
only drawbacks are that shops like game and gamestation won't let you trade in import games and, of course, japanese games are not in english! ;)

Ruby Eyed Owl

Novice Member
some games will come with a language selection but yeah game/gamstation won't take them as trade.

but independent game stores usuallly will.

Conn

And on the plus side, US and Jap games are usually cheaper and available earlier - I had completed New Super Mario 3 weeks before the UK release and only paid £19.99 :)

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Conn said:
And on the plus side, US and Jap games are usually cheaper and available earlier - I had completed New Super Mario 3 weeks before the UK release and only paid £19.99 :)
You got any good links for import games?

Why do we in the UK always have to pay such high prices for games?

rik1471

Novice Member
silvercue said:
You got any good links for import games?

Why do we in the UK always have to pay such high prices for games?

We don't. Only the people who don't shop around or can't wait do.

gurujockstrap

Novice Member
I find Yes Asia pretty good for importing Japanese games: http://global.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx

Already ordered Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! from there a couple of weeks ago (one of the best DS games you can get! Fantastic use of the stylus and very import friendly).

Ordered on the Monday and arrived Saturday morning. They repost from the UK so you don't get hit with any charges providing you choose the free shipping option.

Looking to get Bleach DS soon as well.

They also stock American versions of the games so its worth looking on there too when comparing prices.

The_Wierd

Game and Gamestation give such poor amounts on trade in games that I am amazed anybody bothers. If you have US games then you can still sell them on e-bay, or on the forums here for a reasonable amount, after all they are completely compatible.

All bar 2 of my games are US versions and play perfectly. They even have the advantage of a slightly slimmer case, and a manual where you don't have to wade through French, German, Serbo Croat and another dozen languages to find the bit you want.

Marky1973

Do all the sites above re-send from within the UK? Looking at some games on Lik-Sang, but don;t want to order if I am going to get stung with import duty - has anyone had any trouble with this?

Not bought any imports before, so you can forgive me for being dumb!:D

Marky1973

Thanks mate.

Does anyone have experience of Lik-Sang, or are they better to steer clear of in terms of risk of import duty - shame as they have a pretty good selection.

bbdivo

Novice Member
I have bought a good few things from lik-sang now and unfortunately been nabbed for duty every time, however even adding the duty into the price of the items I bought, it still worked out cheaper than buying the items I wanted from the shops here in the UK.

Marky1973

bbdivo said:
I have bought a good few things from lik-sang now and unfortunately been nabbed for duty every time, however even adding the duty into the price of the items I bought, it still worked out cheaper than buying the items I wanted from the shops here in the UK.

What have you bought from them , if you don't mind me asking? Or perhaps how much duty have you had to pay on a small item such as a game?

Thanks

Mark

usagi13

I have used Yes-Asia for a few months and in stark contrast never been nabbed for customs. Top company though and they deliver quite fast!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom