January Transfer Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dzeko + Emerson Palmieri deal has been touted for about a week or so at least on the Chelsea blogs. Bizarrely Dzeko is seen as a joke on some of those. Despite the fact that he made our defence look amateur in at least one of our recent ties with Roma! I’d take him in a heartbeat and the combined price for the two looks ok in the current climate.

@Andy did you mention the over 30 age policy? If so you’d be right and it’s raising a few eyebrows on Chelsea blogs etc... and could potentially be seen as Abramovich and the board trying to placate Conte by breaking their own “rules” to secure him. What is clear is that currently we have no in-form senior strikers (and no point in once again getting into the youth conversation as it is futile) and I’d gladly take him over Caroll or Crouch.

No I think it was @TayWax who mentioned the over 30s thing. I wasn't looking that much into it, just thought it's a decent deal for 2 players and he's got a good goal scoring record.

Lucas Moura to Spurs all but done. £25m being reported.

Original offer was £25m + Sissoko but PSG are holding out just for the £25m. ;)

Last edited:
Only £57m? What about adding his wages and Emirati Falafel supplier sponsorship money to the total cost or is that just for United players (Sanchez)?

Great player and will probably be worth every cent. City have gone from one of the cheapest defences in the premierleague to the most expensive. However, it needed investment.

I have no info on wages etc, I can only speculate on what is in the press etc. but I’m sure he’ll be fine.

I don't watch much football outside of the premier league so no idea what Laporte is like.

The general consensus here is that he's a great buy, but at 23 and never winning a full international cap, just how good is he?

I don't watch much football outside of the premier league so no idea what Laporte is like.

The general consensus here is that he's a great buy, but at 23 and never winning a full international cap, just how good is he?

Phil Jones has many full international caps, ditto Chris Smalling - both ****

Phil Jones has many full international caps, ditto Chris Smalling - both ****

I've never heard anyone refer to either of those as great players. As I said, I've no idea if Laporte is a quality player having never seen him, but if he was that good surely he'd be part of the French national team.

What type of player is he?

I don't get the hate for Phil Jones. He's been probably our best defender this season. And before anyone says it's not saying much. How many clean sheets have we kept already this season? He's been consistently one of our better players. Think he's had a few MOTM displays too. Think it all depends on how free of injury he can stay.

Smalling has been less impressive but was immense under LVG.

I've never heard anyone refer to either of those as great players. As I said, I've no idea if Laporte is a quality player having never seen him, but if he was that good surely he'd be part of the French national team.

What type of player is he?

I was wondering that as well, it definitely sticks out as odd having played over 200 games in La Liga.

Perhaps because he’s playing for Bilbao rather than a ‘big’ team he has been overlooked? It does happen. That might’ve been the catalyst for him to move, being a World Cup year.

If he does the business for City, then his chances of inclusion in the French squad will surely dramatically increase.

He's played for the French U21's and was on the verge of a call-up to the main squad when he suffered the bad knee injury.

He was courted by City a few years ago but the move didn’t come off think we got Mangala instead !!

Bloody agents fees. :mad:
No he just reckoned his dogs didn’t like the badge but now it’s changed he’s ok with it :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom